Who's playing Zombies Run?

Options
I'm only about finished with season one but it has really transformed me! I never would have thought I could be a runner and now I love to look forward to my daily 4-5k. Is anyone else playing? Anyone else who is a running newbie like me?

Replies

• GaijinAdrian
    GaijinAdrian Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh my God, yes! I finished season 1 like a week ago and I was thinking of taking a break from it and begin season 2 next year in March. I still run but I want to immerse myself more so I want to do the next season like on TV, taking a few months in between. Great app too.
  • alexpl91
    alexpl91 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you play! Or for any reason lol, we're all here for the same reason :)
  • GaijinAdrian
    GaijinAdrian Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    K, cool. I sent a request, thank you ☺
  • SimonT181
    SimonT181 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Saw it today but was not quite sure how it worked do you need to have earphones and when the zombies start to attack do you run ?
  • Nevaeva009
    Nevaeva009 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have heard of this and am also curious about how it works. Sounds fun.
  • xoSharon94xo
    xoSharon94xo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought the app but I haven't used it yet.. I'm not a big fan of running. I think I'm gonna run in place in my bedroom
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    SimonT181 wrote: »
    Saw it today but was not quite sure how it worked do you need to have earphones and when the zombies start to attack do you run ?

You don't have to have earphones, but you'll need to turn your phone volume up pretty far, and of course then everyone else gets to hear your music and the game snippets.

You can run, or walk, or bike, or whatever you want to do. The episodes are time-based. It's basically an episodic audio book with your music playing between the audio clips. The only things that rely on being able to track your activity are zombie chases, the special extra race distance and air drop missions. None of these are necessary for the story.

You can disable zombie chases if you want. If you leave then enabled, every now and again you'll hear 'warning, zombies detected' and you'll need to speed up for a minute to keep the zombies from catching you and taking all of your collected supplies. You pick how frequently you want chases to occur and how much faster than your current pace you need to go to evade the zombies.

FYI, I'm near the end of season three.
  • Rob7979
    Rob7979 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ha! just saw the app and gonna give it a try! do you have to buy to get the full impact of the app? (iPhone)
  • emmaleeannL
    emmaleeannL Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I run to 1-2 eps a week (when I am not training for a 10k). Being chased really helps me run faster. LOL. I hope they add some of the new parts like intervals soon. BTW I am new to running (just completed c25k in June) and slow and lazy but I do find this motivating.
  • RichyTG
    RichyTG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been using this app for a little while and just about to finish season 1. If you have not tried it yet then give it a go, i never ran before and now really enjoy it. So much that i decided to get as close to the real thing as possible and signed up for a Zombie Evacuation Race in a few months
  • charlotteX92X
    charlotteX92X Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love this game so much, I've just finished season 2. I swear it's the only reason I run :)