strict diet

Options
2»

Replies

• wendysacrey51
    wendysacrey51 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    It sounds like you recall enough of the strict diet to copy it. It's far less expensive this way and just as effective.

Simply log your meals, weigh everything, and keep to your target calories for the day. Here. I'll make a plan for you.

Breakfast: One egg, one carbohydrate, and one low fat dairy. Combined calories no more than 400.

Lunch: 1 protein, 1 fruit, unlimited leafy vegetables. Up to a tablespoon full fat dressing allowed. Combined calories no more than 400.

Dinner: 1 protein, 1 fruit, 2 veggies, 1 dairy, and one carb. Combined calories no more than 600.
    1. I'm allowing you all meats, all vegetables, all carbs, low fat dairy, and all fruits. Pick the portion size as listed on the package.
    2. Trim off all visible fat and skin from meats. A protein portion is about the size of your palm or a deck of cards.
    3. Pick whole grains more often.
    4. Eat seasonal fruit and vegetables either fresh from the market or frozen.
    5. Two vegetarian dinners a week based on tofu/legumes/beans.
    6. Tomato based sauces are OK. Reduced sodium soy sauce is OK. Reduced sodium salsa is OK. Up to a tablespoon of full fat dressing is OK.
    7. Don't drink your calories in any form.
    8. Pick one day a week as treat day and plan one portion (as listed on the box) of a treat to look forward to.
    9. Do not weigh yourself more than once a week and always the same day of week and time of week. If you miss your day don't weigh yourself that week.

Take a multivitamin and a vitamin D supplement daily just in case I screwed up my instructions somehow.

• wendysacrey51
    wendysacrey51 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love the simplicity of your plan. Koodos
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Strict diet isn't probably what OP meant so much as prescribed diet. Ie one where you follow a menu plan someone else has put together.
    As long as the plan is reasonably varied and nutritionally balanced and the total number of calories averages about what your deficit should be, then nothing wrong with this approach.

Jgnatca devised quite a good one - you could follow that OP.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use a strict diet? I know it's not the best but I usually do better when I'm on a strict diet that will show results .. please ♡

I think most people on MFP are on strict diets!

Moderation and counting calories
    Low Carb
    Vegan
    Clean
    Paleo
    Etc..

If you wanna lose weight it's about being strict, whether that's restricting portions or restricting macro nutrients.

All of the above followed correctly are healthy and will provide results.

I'm losing 1 lb/week and sill eating treats like ice cream and poutine. Check my diary. Not a single strict thing there. Just mindful choices and moderation. My calorie intake is less than the amount that I burn each day. Very simple!

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use a strict diet? I know it's not the best but I usually do better when I'm on a strict diet that will show results .. please ♡

You are very young and with quite a lot of weight to lose. So, what does "usually do better" mean? That you can lose weight fast when eating too little? This is true for everyone. But what happens when the diet is over? You have your whole life ahead of you. The question should nto be "how can I lose weight as fast as possible", it shoudl be "how can I change my lifestyle, so I can be at a healthy weight for the rest 70 years".
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You could go to magazine websites like Shape, Self, etc... They're always putting out 2-week meal plans. The Blogilates woman (I forget her name) has some diet plans on her site. They're way too restrictive for me, but could be helpful if you just need to get yourself structured.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The OP says she needs a "strict diet" yet has a Starbucks drink in her av ... priceless.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    What is natural to me may be 'strict' to another. I will eat or drink about anything until I feel stuffed as long as it contains no sugars or grains. I will continue this way of eating as long as it manages my pain well.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    aledba wrote: »

I think most people on MFP are on strict diets!

Moderation and counting calories
    Low Carb
    Vegan
    Clean
    Paleo
    Etc..

If you wanna lose weight it's about being strict, whether that's restricting portions or restricting macro nutrients.

All of the above followed correctly are healthy and will provide results.

I'm losing 1 lb/week and sill eating treats like ice cream and poutine. Check my diary. Not a single strict thing there. Just mindful choices and moderation. My calorie intake is less than the amount that I burn each day. Very simple!

Yep, restricting calorie intake in order to create a deficit for weight loss. You qualify for the strict dieter list and if you weigh your food, you get extra points :)

Oh and for the record it's not a bad thing to be a strict dieter or to follow a strict diet. It's the strict ones that succeed.

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Use MFP to determine how many calories you should eat. Hire a nun to rap your knuckles with a ruler if you are about to go over your calories. Done.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    If that is you now as your avvie pic then you don't have 80lbs to lose!

• Tess_Christine
    Tess_Christine Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes it is me! :( I might not look it but I'm 240lbs... I'm 5'9
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options

[/quote

Maybe the black outfit is taking off 100 pounds. :)
  • Tess_Christine
    Tess_Christine Posts: 87 Member
    Options

[/quote

Maybe the black outfit is taking off 100 pounds. :)

Got to thinking maybe ur right. Maybe my out sift sheds 100 lbs .. what u think????
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I dont know what you term as strict, but i do a fairly challenging cut....

*'CKD' ie Nutritional Ketosis (under 20g carbs) with 1x planned weekly Re-Feed; Intermittent Fasting 6x week (16/8 to 20/4 schedule); Goal 30% calorie deficit ~900-1000 cals; 25% deficit min (always <1150 cals, except on refeed); occasional VLCD (calorie restriction) / PSMF days ~500-750 cals.*

My stats are:
    5ft 0", 121 pounds, female, 92 pounds lean mass, 24% bf, muscular physique.

Ive lost 30lbs in total. Looking to bring my bf down to <20% & continue increasing lean muscle mass.

I dont know, is this seen as strict? :neutral: