Protein so good feels like your cheating!

Replies

• desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Quest bars- chocolate chip cookie dough, smores and chocolate brownie
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    MTS - Cookies n' Cream is by far the best protein powder I've had.

I've been using Myprotein Impact Whey - Chocolate Mint for a bit now and it's awesome and the price is awesome as well!
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    amillenium wrote: »
    No I haven't tried those but they sound really good...I am big on muffins because I can store them in the freezer and grab and go for work. The last ones I tried were pumpkin and they are sort of a combination between pumpkin pie and a muffin which I think is awesome!

I cant find it in MFP recipes so I must not have saved it as a recipe...
    I took this recipe below and modified it: Used egg white, a little less zucchini, quest baking mix instead of almond meal and plenty of seasonings. I did use their baking technique of flipping it over so that both sides were crisp before I topped it. I used non-stick foil over my pizza pan to make it easy to flip.

http://www.oatmealwithafork.com/2012/08/28/zucchini-pizza-crust-and-wiaw/

Mmmm, pumpkin pie muffins sound awesome! Do you have a recipe for those? And, the zucchini crust looks great. Thanks for sharing!

@LeslieB042812

http://proteinpow.com/2014/09/pumpkin-pie-protein-bread.html

I used this recipe but used PB2 instead of buckwheat flour and I think I used regular ole brown sugar instead of coconut sugar (cause I didn't have any) and made them as muffins. They were delicious and creamy and not too bad for ya!
  • Farahworld
    Farahworld Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2015
    I bought a new protein yesterday from GNC
    It's called iso-100 hydrolyzed whey protein it's isolated and lactose free I bought the vanilla flavor and this is by far the most delicious protein supplement I ever tried!
    But I never drink the protein alone I always mix it with strawberry and banana, bribery and milk!
  • ebbingfat
    ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
    The Gold Standard chocolate mint flavored protein is mighty good. I've got a tub of the mocha flavor sitting in my kitchen waiting to be opened too. I haven't tried the mocha flavor yet, but I have very high hopes.
  • mlturner08
    mlturner08 Posts: 199 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Dymatize Iso-100 gourmet chocolate is my favorite tasting protein. My shakes have so much peanut butter in them though that the flavor doesn't matter all that much...lol.
    I hear good things about this brand. I love Pb in my shakes but its a *kitten* to clean (excuse my language)

Have you ever tried PB2 powdered peanut butter? It's amazing and no mess lol you can find it at Walmart, Amazon and I saw it at GNC the other day too. It taste great in my shakeology and I would imagine in anything else.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I like the quest powder too but it's expensive.
    Same here ived consumed 5 tubs of the stuff and I can't justify the price anymore, so now I'm using cellucor which is about 20 dollars cheaper.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    No I haven't tried those but they sound really good...I am big on muffins because I can store them in the freezer and grab and go for work. The last ones I tried were pumpkin and they are sort of a combination between pumpkin pie and a muffin which I think is awesome!

I cant find it in MFP recipes so I must not have saved it as a recipe...
    I took this recipe below and modified it: Used egg white, a little less zucchini, quest baking mix instead of almond meal and plenty of seasonings. I did use their baking technique of flipping it over so that both sides were crisp before I topped it. I used non-stick foil over my pizza pan to make it easy to flip.

http://www.oatmealwithafork.com/2012/08/28/zucchini-pizza-crust-and-wiaw/

Mmmm, pumpkin pie muffins sound awesome! Do you have a recipe for those? And, the zucchini crust looks great. Thanks for sharing!

@LeslieB042812

http://proteinpow.com/2014/09/pumpkin-pie-protein-bread.html

I used this recipe but used PB2 instead of buckwheat flour and I think I used regular ole brown sugar instead of coconut sugar (cause I didn't have any) and made them as muffins. They were delicious and creamy and not too bad for ya!

Thanks for the recipe--Can't wait to try them!
  • AndreaLouLou
    AndreaLouLou Posts: 16 Member
    Fat free cottage cheese with pineapple and chicken. Always fills me up. Grape nuts are good too for breakfast.
  • newlife0202
    newlife0202 Posts: 36 Member
    mlturner08 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Dymatize Iso-100 gourmet chocolate is my favorite tasting protein. My shakes have so much peanut butter in them though that the flavor doesn't matter all that much...lol.
    I hear good things about this brand. I love Pb in my shakes but its a *kitten* to clean (excuse my language)

Have you ever tried PB2 powdered peanut butter? It's amazing and no mess lol you can find it at Walmart, Amazon and I saw it at GNC the other day too. It taste great in my shakeology and I would imagine in anything else.

Nope never tried but def going too now. Im obsessed with pb.
  • newlife0202
    ebbingfat wrote: »
    The Gold Standard chocolate mint flavored protein is mighty good. I've got a tub of the mocha flavor sitting in my kitchen waiting to be opened too. I haven't tried the mocha flavor yet, but I have very high hopes.

ON mint chocolate my favorite. I would mix it with starbucks instant iced coffee mix and skim milk. Protein packed iced coffee!
  • SteffieSunshine
    SteffieSunshine Posts: 61 Member
    MusclePharm is currently being sued for misrepresenting the amount of protein in their powder.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmorrell/2015/03/12/lawsuits-say-protein-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/
  • newlife0202
    MusclePharm is currently being sued for misrepresenting the amount of protein in their powder.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmorrell/2015/03/12/lawsuits-say-protein-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/

Whoa thnx for the heads up!
  • LeslieB042812

Wow! That's shocking! I wonder how we can know which ones are truly providing the protein they claim they are?
  • yellowantphil
    yellowantphil Posts: 787 Member

Wow! That's shocking! I wonder how we can know which ones are truly providing the protein they claim they are?

Short of lab analysis, you have to find a manufacturer that claims not to do it, and hope that it’s true. There’s a section on protein spiking in the product description for Pro JYM. Pro JYM claims not to do it. So does Dymatize. I don’t know about other brands.

If a protein powder lists extra amino acids in the ingredients, I’d avoid it.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Ive always been a Optimum Nutrition guy, low cost, low carb, tons of servings. I recently ran out and decided to try something new for a change. Employee referred me to Muscle Pharm combat birthday cake flavor. I mixed one scoop, cup of milk, loads of ice. The result is amazing. Best tasting hands down and fits nicely into my macros. I think its better than Bsn Syntha 6, I would recommend to anyone dieting that has a sweet tooth, tasted better than a milkshake from restaurants.

My question is, whats your favorite protein when it comes to taste? (Pricing not a factor)

Mutant Pro 100 series is hands down the best tasting line of proteins!
  • LeslieB042812

Short of lab analysis, you have to find a manufacturer that claims not to do it, and hope that it’s true. There’s a section on protein spiking in the product description for Pro JYM. Pro JYM claims not to do it. So does Dymatize. I don’t know about other brands.

If a protein powder lists extra amino acids in the ingredients, I’d avoid it.

Thanks!
  • AlinaRose17
    AlinaRose17 Posts: 92 Member
    For taste, it would be Smores ProJym without a second thought, and I have tried many different kinds. For the health benefit and purity relative to taste, however, I would say Dymatize Iso-100. The Cinnamon Bun flavor is great in the morning. Third, would be Snickerdoodle flavored Premium Select from Physique Enhancing Sciences (PES).
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member

To be specific, it's the Arnold Series Iron Mass product that's the subject of the lawsuit, not Combat Powder.

Here's a pretty good source that measures products according to their actual protein content > LabDoor.
  • JenWall2
    JenWall2 Posts: 14 Member
    I prefer savory over sweet so all the powders I've tried I have to choke down. I wish I could just eat a big fat rare ribeye everyday instead.