In need of mentors and friends for support

Options

Replies

• Dghp
    Dghp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    karima116 wrote: »
    You can add me as well. I would start, lose 10 lbs and stop. I've finally decided that this is my year to be persistent. So far I've lost 35 lbs and have 50 more to go.

Me to. I've already told myself if I should slip get up and start from where I am and don't stop.
  • Dghp
    Options
    bone2731 wrote: »
    Dghp wrote: »
    I am a 41 year old female. Who needs to loose about 125lbs. I tried ww in the past and found that it helped me to loose weight but I gained that back and more when I stopped. Well in a nut shell I am in need of mentors and friends to help hold me accountable and on track as I begin this journey again.
    Well if need to lose 125lbs once you start the weight loss process you can stop. When your body notices you're back to your old ways it will hold on to and store all that you eat so you have to make a lifestyle change and stick with it smaller portions plenty of water frui and veggies no late night eating prepare your food NO TAKE OUT for a while. Stay focused it's hard but you can do this. No eating after 8pm ive loss 254lbs in 3yrs and till working at it I'm 66 yrs young I walk 3 miles everyday take your time work at your pace do what best for you. Remember you're doing this for you it not a contest you ain't gonna win no money it's for your health and you gonna look soooooo good when you get there so get it in

Thanks so much! Will do. I've already begun with no fast food. And if I go out I don't do what I call "sides" I get double vegetables instead. So slow and steady it is.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Counting calories can be a bit hard at the beginning but after awhile it gets easier and easier. Often times people eat the same foods over and over again anyway so once they are in your log history its easy to just click on them again. Over time you'll also find out which foods fill you up and keep you feeling full longer. I started out in April also with 125 pounds to lose. Now I'm down 48 pounds and the longer I do this the more determined I am to see it through. My recommendation to you would be to make small incremental changes. Don't try to change everything at once. Do the easy things first. I really believe that your weight loss plan should feel easy, not hard. If its feels hard you're eventually going to stop. So do it at a pace that feels easy and in a way that you feel like you could do it forever. Yes, your pace might be slower than you originally thought but if its something you could do forever you're not going to be tempted to stop. And then when you do reach your goal weight it will be an easy transition to maintenance. So eat the foods you've been eating all along just start slowly selecting healthier options during your meals. Don't try and radically change your diet on add an intense exercise routine. Those things never last anyway.
  • schwartzamanda14
    schwartzamanda14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm still in the early stages of my own journey. To get to my "healthy weight" I have about 75 pounds to go. I started in February of this year, lost about 20lbs, and have hit a bit of a plateu. Came across this app about a month ago, been getting some good use out of it. Just remember it's your journey to walk, don't worry about everyone else's.
  • nettaleferrari
    nettaleferrari Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. My weight gain started a year ago. It was so easy to put on, getting it off not so much. The moment you decide you are tired of the weight and want to do something about it... You are on the right track.
  • ilhemou123
    ilhemou123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    me too
  • bhw2412
    bhw2412 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have been on WW and have gained the weight back (plus more) as well - I don't think ProPoints are working anymore, especially the bonus ones!

Getting back onto the weight loss wagon is the only way forward - good job for coming this far :smile:
  • Dghp
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    Counting calories can be a bit hard at the beginning but after awhile it gets easier and easier. Often times people eat the same foods over and over again anyway so once they are in your log history its easy to just click on them again. Over time you'll also find out which foods fill you up and keep you feeling full longer. I started out in April also with 125 pounds to lose. Now I'm down 48 pounds and the longer I do this the more determined I am to see it through. My recommendation to you would be to make small incremental changes. Don't try to change everything at once. Do the easy things first. I really believe that your weight loss plan should feel easy, not hard. If its feels hard you're eventually going to stop. So do it at a pace that feels easy and in a way that you feel like you could do it forever. Yes, your pace might be slower than you originally thought but if its something you could do forever you're not going to be tempted to stop. And then when you do reach your goal weight it will be an easy transition to maintenance. So eat the foods you've been eating all along just start slowly selecting healthier options during your meals. Don't try and radically change your diet on add an intense exercise routine. Those things never last anyway.

Thanks so much, Awesome advice. I do believe gradually beginning to eat clean will help me a lot. I am a meat and potatoes gal so I find potions are my weakness. Since I began counting calories and measuring I'm doing good, however I have the time right now to do so. Once my schedule changes again that is when I run into problems. Not having time to measure and cook; then I find myself going out to eat and stopping on the road for a quick fix.

So while I have time (now)I'm going to try and figure this out before "time" takes me out later. Trying to come up with a plan now before the shift happens.
  • Dghp
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm still in the early stages of my own journey. To get to my "healthy weight" I have about 75 pounds to go. I started in February of this year, lost about 20lbs, and have hit a bit of a plateu. Came across this app about a month ago, been getting some good use out of it. Just remember it's your journey to walk, don't worry about everyone else's.

Thanks so much! It is nice to have to have the encouragement along the way and people who can identify with you.
  • Dghp
    Options
    Add me as well. My weight gain started a year ago. It was so easy to put on, getting it off not so much. The moment you decide you are tired of the weight and want to do something about it... You are on the right track.

Thanks and you are so right. Thanks again
  • Dghp
    Options
    bhw2412 wrote: »
    Have been on WW and have gained the weight back (plus more) as well - I don't think ProPoints are working anymore, especially the bonus ones!

Getting back onto the weight loss wagon is the only way forward - good job for coming this far :smile:

Thanks so much!
  • Anne19682015
    Anne19682015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yeah the key is getting back when I fall off
  • weighlessnostress115
    Options
    You can definitely add me! I have to lose 158 lbs
  • Dghp
    Options
    Yeah the key is getting back when I fall off

I hear that. That is so true!
  • Dghp
    Options
    You can definitely add me! I have to lose 158 lbs

Thanks, request sent
  • tesonline
    tesonline Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1st post ever!!
    56 yo 215 lbs, 5,10"
    I love to cook, eat and have a glass of wine with my husband daily during our "How was your day, dear?" time.
    Cholesterol is off the charts and doc told me that I am a stroke waiting to happen since I can't tolerate any meds. Started Denise Austin's Power Blast Indoor Walk DVD last week. Sticking with that until I can complete it then will move to something else. Way too hot & humid to walk outside!! Need support!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    -100 in 14 months, 50 left to go, 60 yo/f. Just remember why you are starting and how bad you feel today. That keeps me from backsliding every time because I don't want to go back there. Consistency is key!
  • Dghp
    Options
    tesonline wrote: »
    1st post ever!!
    56 yo 215 lbs, 5,10"
    I love to cook, eat and have a glass of wine with my husband daily during our "How was your day, dear?" time.
    Cholesterol is off the charts and doc told me that I am a stroke waiting to happen since I can't tolerate any meds. Started Denise Austin's Power Blast Indoor Walk DVD last week. Sticking with that until I can complete it then will move to something else. Way too hot & humid to walk outside!! Need support!!

I'm doing the walk away the pounds with Leslie myself. I too don't like being outside in the heat either.
    We can help support each other! We got this!
  • Dghp
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    -100 in 14 months, 50 left to go, 60 yo/f. Just remember why you are starting and how bad you feel today. That keeps me from backsliding every time because I don't want to go back there. Consistency is key!

That is awesome!!!! I'm going to get there. Thanks so much
  • logancsmama
    logancsmama Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I started with 90 to lose and have lost 34 so far. I feel like I have fought for every single pound but slowly but surely they add up and now I've found I've lost a couple of sizes and I'm even moving better. I don't drag around slowly, my pace is quicker again now...we'll all get there if we stick together!