Gaining weight?

Options
hey everyone,

So I've been using fitnessblender's program for about two weeks now. It has a good combination of cardio and strength, with five workouts scheduled plus one day of stretching. So far I've gained 6 pounds! I know this is likely muscle weight, because I haven't gained any inches around my body but when can I expect to lose the fat weight/ see some inches lost?

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    You have 100% not gained six pounds of muscle in two weeks of primarily cardio videos with some light weights. A woman lifting heavy with *perfect* training and *perfect* low surplus diet *might* gain a pound of muscle per month.

More likely, your muscles are retaining glycogen (and with it, water) between your workouts. That is reflected by the apparent increase on the scale, but also why your body measurements haven't changed.

Weight loss happens primarily through diet--burning more calories over the course of the day than you eat. The workouts you do can help increase your calorie burn a little bit, it's true.

Generally, it takes me about 4 weeks of eating at a calorie deficit of 250-500 kcal/day to see weight loss on the scale. I drop weight in "chunks" for some reason. Many people here see a big drop in the first week or so, though, then a slower steady decrease after that.

Exercise is FANTASTIC for your body (and mind!) in a whole lot of ways, but for weight loss, look to food first.
  • ekat1257
    ekat1257 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Alright thanks!