Hello Everyone!!

Options
Hello fellow fitness pals!!!

I had joined MFP over a year ago but didn't use it consistently like I am now. I feel as though I am doing this weight loss journey on my own because my friends have told me they are getting annoyed with/hearing about my calorie counting and working out!! I encourage them to join me but so far it hasn't worked! I would like to lose 70 pounds and realized that I'm going to need support and friends to help push me through this journey. I have a mini goal of 20lbs by my 30th birthday on August 12, which if....no, WHEN...I make it, I'll treat myself to a new hair color!!! Anyhow, I'm really happy to have found this site and can not wait to, hopefully, make some new friends on this journey as well! WTG everyone, keep up the fantastic work!!!!!!!

Replies

• ginagn73
    ginagn73 Posts: 89
    Options
    welcome back!!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You sound dedicated and awesome - friend request coming your way! :flowerforyou:
  • sjbates
    sjbates Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I have just started this journey. I had lapband surgery two weeks ago today and feel like I can use all the support I can get. I am doing well, but I do realize this is going to get harder. I am determined to see this through. At 58, I feel like it is now or never.
  • Surrealgamer
    Surrealgamer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome back! Everyone here is on a similar journey. Post away about your successes and struggles!
  • rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A very good friend told me not to make big goals in a certain amount of time, she said to make small goals, such as 2 pounds at a time and stay faithful to your exercise and food cutback or changes and then the big goals will appear on their own. Good luck with your new life journey.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Pay no mind to your friends. They will see the results and realize they could have been with you on this journey. This is a great website and has been working for me. Good luck in reaching your goal. I think you can do it!
  • edenjoy3
    edenjoy3 Posts: 45
    Options
    You have to do it for yourself..forget about how "annoyed" your friends are becomming..it isnt their journey it is yours so grab it and run with it. It will all pay off for YOU in the end because it needs to be about you.
  • gaylesiegel
    gaylesiegel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started using MFP yesterday and so far so good. I'm going to lose 30 pounds and my goal is to lose 1-2 pounds per week. My birthday is on October 19 and I would like to have the majority of this weight gone by then. Don't let your friends discourage you! You are on a different journey than they are. They may be unhappy that you are doing something for yourself and they aren't ..hang in there and keep up the good work!
  • Myst_Concepts
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies!!!! I already feel more motivated and encouraged!!! Looking forward to this journey with all of you!!!!