1700 calories, sedentary female, 5'5, 213lb and still hungry

Options
13»

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    judywoody wrote: »
    But one thin)g that jumped out at me in your follow-up comments is your lack of sleep. Di you know that you're depressing your leptin (satiety hormone) and increasing your ghrelin (hunger hormone) production? I've certainly experienced this myself--4 hours of sleep and I can't get full.

Definitely work on playing around with meal timing and macro intake, but it might come down to sleep hygiene.

I am trying to get to bed at 10 but my hubby is a night owl which makes it difficult sometimes. Ideally I should got to bed at 9pm.Mind you, before I started this job I worked shifts and sometimes slept up to 11 hrs uf I had to start later in the day.. eek

My calorie target is deliberately high, I want to lose veeeery slowly. Don't care if it takes 2 years. I just don't wanna be hungry

Today was good. I had my salad at 4.30 pm and then ahem.. an ice cream. I am not feeling hungry today like the days before so the big protein breakfast definitely did it for me

I think losing slowly is a healthy attitude toward it, I was aiming my comment more for the person suggesting that you lose in a dangerous way. 900 calories is a fantastic way to lose too much muscle mass and end up skinny fat.

I hope the big protein breakfast is the thing that works for you!
  • judywoody
    judywoody Posts: 49 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    What is working for me is eating a lot less often (twice per day lately) and becoming comfortable with that hungry feeling. I used to think that I was hungry all the time, but it was more the desire to eat all the time. Desk jobs contribute greatly to this in my experience. It's a lot easier to shake off that desire to eat when you can get your body busy doing other things. Could you get one of those bike stools where you can sit and pedal for part of the day?

haha yeah I wanted to get one when I worked from home.. but I feel a bit stupid in the office

I also go for walks and lunchtime.