frustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• Eliza618
    Eliza618 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How much protein are you eating? Also some fruits has alot of sugar. Adding protein shakes and stay away from saturated fats will help you lose. Eat oatmeal for breakfast with stawberries every morning. Don't skip breakfast. If you could post what you are eating will really help us to help you. Good luck.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Eliza618 wrote: »
    How much protein are you eating? Also some fruits has alot of sugar. Adding protein shakes and stay away from saturated fats will help you lose. Eat oatmeal for breakfast with stawberries every morning. Don't skip breakfast. If you could post what you are eating will really help us to help you. Good luck.

Again, where to start... (what is with all the bro science on this threat?!)
    - Protein is important for repairing and up keeping existing muscle. It has jack all to do with weight loss unless that is the macro you feel the most full on, then you might want to focus on that to get the most bang out of your food buck
    - sugar has jack all to do with weight loss. I practically live on sugar from fruit and have lost just fine! Sugar might cause cravings. If it does that for you, or if you have a medical condition, lower your sugar intake. Else don't even bother looking at it
    - Protein shakes are great if you are bottoming out on your protein macro, but they are also calorie laden. If you struggle to meet your calorie and protein intake, they are awesome. Else just have some chicken and get the same result for less calories.
    - saturated fats tend to be in high calorie foodstuffs, yes, but there is nothing inherantly wrong with them unless you have a medical condition. If you want saturated fats in your diet, have saturated fats in your diet! They don't affect weight loss at all
    - oatmeal and strawberries for breakfast every day? Why?! Seriously, why?! Ignore this. If you want to start your day off with Kentucky Fried Chicken, start your day off with KFC!
    - if you want to skip breakfast, skip breakfast. Intermittened fasting is a thing and if you are not hungry in the morning but know you like a big meal at dinnertime (or something), then by all means, skip it! Your body does not tell time. Period!

All that is needed for a weight loss is to eat at a deficit. I don't think your diary is open OP, but even without seeing it, I can guarantee you that you are not eating at a deficit. Weigh everything you eat in grams, log it, log exercise, eat 50 to 75 percent of your exercise back and you will lose. It really is as simple as that. You eat more than you burn, you gain weight. You eat what you burn, you maintain. You eat less than you burn, you lose weight. There is no such thing as stubborn fat. Ergo: start weighing your food honestly and accurately and you will start losing.

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread has a lot of bad advice.

Punch your height, weight and the loss you want in to MFP. That will set your calorie target.

Eat this amount of calories a day. You need to weigh your food to be more accurate.

Eat back half of any calories you burn through exercise.

Eat any time of day you like.

Eat any type of food you like.

• IndianaNights
    IndianaNights Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Eat whenever you want, don't be hungry. For starters, are you sure the scale you stepped onto is accurate/the same as at your doctor's office? I've lost almost 60 lb so far this year and I eat almost constantly. If you killed all the caffeine in your diet, that might be it... caffeine is a metabolism enhancer. I don't drink water hardly ever (yes, I know, terrible me) but was starting to have blood pressure headaches, mostly from what MFP helped me to recognize was a high sodium content. I switched from diet soda to unsweet tea, which is damn near water, and my blood pressure headaches went away, but my body kept receiving the life-giving caffeine. So if you experienced withdrawals and are missing your caffeine, you might consider tea.

I quit smoking recently and that seriously stalled out my weight loss. I wasn't eating more and I was actually exercising more as an effort to try and get the nicotine out of my system and give me something else to think about, and I still didn't lose any weight at all for about 3 weeks. So while I know that my own experience is unique and yours differs from mine, I really feel that your completely cutting out a stimulant might have something to do with it.

And just to make yourself feel better about your weight, you might want to consider weighing at the beginning of the day in as little as possible, just after having taken your morning poo. *lol*
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Ok, don't panic - you're clearly following a decent fitness plan so definitely keep that up!
    How is your diet? Do you track what you are eating? If not, I'd really strongly suggest you give that a try. You'd be amazed at what is in certain foods and how easy it is to go over calories even on something that you consider 'not too unhealthy'. Find out how many calories you require to lose your desired amount (MFP can do this for you!) and stick to it. Don't worry too much about carbs,fat,protein etc at this point. Make sure you have your deficit and I assure you, you will lose weight :)
  • motomom258
    motomom258 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your awesome responses, this is great, please someone tell me how to open up my food diary to you all so that you can tell me where I may be making an error or not logging correctly. I put literally every single thing that goes in my mouth in this diary. If I eay 2 dorito chips then it goes in the diary, if I eat 3 grapes it goes in the diary, I truly believe that I am logging everything correctly but maybe I'm eating something that I think is good that you may all know is not good. THis is the first time that I have truly looked at everything I bought and documented everything I eat. As I said before, I was a diet coke addict and I do not drink any diet coke ever if I do I log it but I figured that if I stopped the diet coke and the drinking beer every other day I would for sure see a drop in weight just based on those 2 things but I havent which has me stumped. Please someone direct me on how to open up my food diary to all and please suggest, direct me in anything that you think I need to change or even something that I need to do. I am determined to do this, mostly for my health but because I want to be here for a long time and watch my granddaughter grow up. One more question exactly how much muscsle could I possibly have gained if I do zumba 4 to 5 times a week. I worked up to this amount of excercise, I started July 17th doing 30 mins of zumba class, stationary bike and then treadmill. I now am doing full hour of zumba and working it extra hard I have water pouring down my face in sweat. I do have to say that I hardly ever do the machines because they are boring but someone tell me if I need to incorporate them into my workouts please. Be blunt with me I can take it. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING AND GIVING ME SUGGESTIONS YOUR ALL AWESOME
  • 5ft9andgettingtrim
    5ft9andgettingtrim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use to work out a lot. I noticed when I would have a heavy work out 1 day I would lose 2 lbs in water weight and get 3 lbs back in muscle. It's just the way it works. In order for me to lose weight I had to do more cardio. Also the muscles store water to prevent damage.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Go to settings --> diary options --> diary settings and select 'public' for diary sharing.

As for muscle: you might get some 'newbie gains', which is what we call muscle definition from basic use of muscles. This is not growth! You can't grow muscle in a deficit--your body needs spare calories to 'make' them. So, unless you have actually been in a surplus all this time, you haven't gained muscle mass, just some definition, perhaps.