Please Eplain*Net calories consumed = total calories consumed

Options
I just readjusted my goal after finding out the 22 lbs i lost this month was lots of msucle and some fat. This is a copy of MFP goal after readjusting it to lose 1.5 lbs a week .. The part that i m asking about is this > *Net calories consumed = total calories consumed - exercise calories burned. So the more you exercise, the more you can eat!
Does this mean ill lose 1.5 lbs by diet alone? or is my exersice plan i said i would do included in this?? will my work outs help me lose it fatser? or are the burned calories just so i keep losing incase i over eat? i dont understand what this Net/Total or gross stuff means..

Nutritional Goals Target
Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,510 Calories / Day
Carbs / Day 189.0 g
Fat / Day 50.0 g
Protein / Day 76.0 g
burned.
Fitness Goals Target
Calories Burned / Week 3,960 Calories / Week
Workouts / Weekends 7 workouts
Minutes / Workout 60 minutes
If you follow this plan...
Your projected weight loss is 1.5 lbs/week
You should lose 7.5 lbs by October 3

Replies

• torchita
    torchita Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Omg.. That would be Awesome if I didn't have to walk my *kitten* off 6 days a week an still lose weight.. I heka thought I had to do both to lose 1,5 a week.. My knees have been killing me.. I spent 4 weeks practically running 6 days a week for 90 to 120 minutes w bad knees..Smh.. An I would never eat back my calories burned.. . no wonder I felt drained.. Try for yr comment...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    torchita wrote: »
    Omg.. That would be Awesome if I didn't have to walk my *kitten* off 6 days a week an still lose weight.. I heka thought I had to do both to lose 1,5 a week.. My knees have been killing me.. I spent 4 weeks practically running 6 days a week for 90 to 120 minutes w bad knees..Smh.. An I would never eat back my calories burned.. . no wonder I felt drained.. Try for yr comment...

Exercise is not included in weight loss figures

But is important for overall health

Why would you run with bad knees? Find another cardio exercise for 2x 20-30 min bursts a week ( eat back 50-75% MFP database burns - it overestimates)

Lift heavy for body composition

And judge by your actual weight loss over 6-8 weeks
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    You've only got 22 lbs to go.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Your 1.5 lbs goal is too aggressive. You can afford to slow down, exercise less, and eat a bit more. Best wishes!