Those who say they can't: I say you can! 300lbs to a mountain marathon

Options

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Well done, you have accomplished a lot for all the right reasons.
    Nice part of our province you live in.

Cheers, h.
  • kallemann67
    kallemann67 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Amazing. I just did my first 5k, am building towards a10k and have fantasies of a marathon, but I'm 59 and can't convince myself that it's possible.

Go to any triathlon and look at age groupers 65+. There are many of them. There are many stories of folks starting running in their 50's and going on to do marathons and triathlons. Your 5k is done- yes! The 10k will come then the half marathon and so on. The last triathlon I was at the overall second place finisher was in the 50-59 age group. There was another in the top ten. It's possible.
  • kallemann67
    kallemann67 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    htvupfxshil4.jpg

This is such a great photo. You don't even look like you cut a sweat.
  • rjivory
    rjivory Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Thanks! I needed that today!
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You already know that I am dazzled by your accomplishments, but I'll say it here publicly, too. You really inspire me!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm saving this post for future reference.
    I too was a smoker (3 packs a day of Marlboro's) and was just shy of 300 pounds.
    Still a ways to go on my weight, but I know I'll get there eventually.
    When I have people tell me they cannot stop smoking-I tell them they most certainly can. And it will be the best decision of their lives.
    Super congratulations on your success, you are truly a role model for those seeking to make major changes. You're just awesome!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You look great! Loved that second pic with the mountains in the background. Hope I can do that someday. Very inspiring! Congratulations!!!
  • TrishaShav
    TrishaShav Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • LunaBrighton
    LunaBrighton Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!! You are truly an inspiration.
  • UrnAsh_84
    UrnAsh_84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • Linnea1972
    Linnea1972 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Let me just hug you :) Way to go man!! Super proud...
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That's CRAZY good!!!!!!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    awesome!! you look amazing!
  • Sinnister78
    Sinnister78 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great job! Very inspirational.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on kicking butt! It is so nice to read these success stories and great reminders that it is possible. I've been needing a boost. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I needed your inspirational story today! Congratulations on your success
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My partner is 62 and is training now for another marathon. He started around your age and never looked back. Congrats - you now have a new lease on life and look, and I'm sure feel, incredibly happy.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    woznube7 wrote: »
    Congratulations on kicking butt! It is so nice to read these success stories and great reminders that it is possible. I've been needing a boost. Thank you for sharing your story!

Thanks! Anything is possible if we are determined enough! :) I'm happy that this has helped give you a boost!
  • Hiker_Rob
    Options
    becky53012 wrote: »
    Thank you! I needed your inspirational story today! Congratulations on your success

Thanks! I'm glad this has helped to inspire you today! Keep it up!!
  • Hiker_Rob
    Options
    lilray01 wrote: »
    I don't know what to congratulate you on first. Giving up smoking, losing the weight, doing a half marathon, doing a mountain one at that, and finishing in the top 1/4. All are awesome accomplishments. As a fellow half marathoner I just have to say "You Rock"!!!

Thank-you and congrats on your success! I have another half at the end of the month, also a trail run, not a mountain this time though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!