Putting yourself on the list

Options
13»

Replies

• UpcyclerGirl
    UpcyclerGirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This dieting thing is not easy, and sometimes, we crash and burn. But every day is a new day to try again. That is how I am choosing to look at it. My story....

Two years ago, I weighed 60 lbs. less than I do now, thanks to this website. But when I hit a plateau that lasted 6 months with no change, no matter what I tried. So, I gave up - and in one year, I had gained back everything I lost. I admit, it was fun to eat again, but I am paying a terrible price. Two years ago, I could wear clothes off-the-rack. Now, I have to special order or shop at the fat girl stores. Two years ago, I kicked blood pressure meds. Now I am on twice as much medication that I was on before. Two years ago, muscles were toned and my stamina was incredible. Today, I can barely walk a block without wheezing, and my hips and knees burn. My shape has so radically changed, I can't even wear the same fat clothes I wore before I started my amazing journey here two years ago. I'm not looking for pity - in fact, I hope my story will encourage those of you working hard at this to STAY WITH IT! Going back to Fatland is no picnic. At my age (55), it's also bloody dangerous, too.

I am now committed to getting "back in the saddle again", and hope you will befriend me. We're in this thing together. :) Personally, I can't do this alone.
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Im just finishing my first round of 21 day fix tomorrow and feeling pretty good about it. Nothing comes easy, its a constant struggle to stay committed and push through even when i want to quit. I'm excited to weigh in and measure and see how i did, then start another 21 days on sunday!!! Hows is everyone else doing?
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids that keep me very busy, and I have found out both the hard way and from services that we have in place that you need to take care of yourself. If you don't you won't be able to help out others. So make sure that you are able to look after yourself first.
  • amyoliverhoyles
    Options
    Did really well on my first round of 21 day fix. Down 6lbs and 8.5 inches. I'm already a week into round two and doing well. Down another two pounds. How is everyone else doing.
  • amyoliverhoyles
    Options
    I'm back on track and it feels great. A couple little bumps in the road, but all part of the journey. I've learned if I have a bad day, don't beat myself up. Just get backbone track and keep going. I'm human after all. Lol, hope everyone is doing well. I'm on the list.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Bumps on the road are going to happen. Put it behind you and keep going.
  • amyoliverhoyles
    Options
    Wow, reading back some of my first posts on here. It is still true and I am still working at putting myself on the list. Now with my girls being teenagers and the corona virus. We are home so much, so life isn’t as hectic as it normally is. I’ve got back on track at the beginning of September and I am down 18.8 pounds. Everything really seems to be clicking this time. Feeling amazing and motivated.
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wow, reading back some of my first posts on here. It is still true and I am still working at putting myself on the list. Now with my girls being teenagers and the corona virus. We are home so much, so life isn’t as hectic as it normally is. I’ve got back on track at the beginning of September and I am down 18.8 pounds. Everything really seems to be clicking this time. Feeling amazing and motivated.

That's awesome!! You got this!