Question abt mfp

Options
Is there a setting to remove your activity calories from the "calories remaining" at the top of the screen? I dont want to eat back the calories I earn and it also gives me iphone step calories which are way not accurate? Thanks!

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I think you can create your own exercise and enter your own calories. I have seen friends who post exercise and it always says burned 1 calorie. I guess it's a way to log exercise without entering calories burned if you don't want to figure that in. You should however use TDEE method if you do it this way because MFP is designed to have you eat back those calories or at least a portion of them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Is there a setting to remove your activity calories from the "calories remaining" at the top of the screen? I dont want to eat back the calories I earn and it also gives me iphone step calories which are way not accurate? Thanks!
    Creating too high a deficit IS NOT always the best way to lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Owlfan88
    Owlfan88 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You can turn off the iPhone step calories. When I updated iOS my iPhone steps started posting calories gained here on MFP. so for a few days it was double counting iPhone steps and my MapMyWalk calories. I chose to un-sync MapMyWalk as it was giving me even more calories.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Unsync whatever device you are using for steps.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Some people enter their exercise as being done for 1 minute, so they have a record of having done it, but the calories don't change. Or they record it as burning one calorie.

Try eating at least half of those exercise calories. MFP is set up so that you lose while eating them. You may want to cut back calories later, if you stall, and you will want some to cut!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't usually WANT to tap into my exercise calories (though I usually do to some degree), so I just focus on the calories consumed. Try just leaving them there, and that way, if you get so hungry you want to murder someone, you have a safety net. Murder is bad.
  • ChristineDoesKeto
    ChristineDoesKeto Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have no clue what is synced to count my steps lol. I had no clue the phone was doing that. I am not trying to create a huge deficit but i like my excersize cals as a buffer in case my logging isnt 100% correct. Thanks for the help
  • yapdog
    yapdog Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Use total weekly calories rather than net weekly calories find under weekly view