I lost 11 stone (154 lbs) in 10 months!

Options
In February 2014 when I finally couldn't do up my 46 inch waist jeans any more I decided enough was enough. I typed "weight loss" into play store and top of the list was an app called MyFitnessPal. I installed it but was scepticle, I thought I'd try it for a couple of weeks and see. Over the next ten months I lost 11 stone (154 lbs) in weight! As for my 46 inch waist jeans, I had to buy a few new pairs along the way and I now where 32 inch waist jeans! Yes I really did take 14 inches off my waist, I still use my old belt to prove it although it's had a lot of new holes punched in it now!
To also help with my weight loss I started running. In April '14 I added a C2 5K app to my phone aswell as map my run so it would add my running to mfp for me. To start with I couldn't run 100 yards and must have looked quite a site wobberling along sweating like mad and puffing like a steam train! But I was determined that I wouldn't quite and I kept going, in March this year (11 months later) I ran the Cambridge (England) half marathon, running the 13.1 miles in 2 hours 35 minutes. Not the fastest but not the last over the line either.
I stopped loosing weight back in December and since the I've continued to use mfp to maintain my weight and I haven't put any back on. I don't run half marathons any more, once was enough, but I still enjoy running and run in my local park run (5km) whenever I have a Saturday morning off work.
MFP I cannot thank you enough, you have changed my life forever. I tell every one who asks about the app and can't recomend it enough. I could still do with loosing another stone or so but I've decided to stop as I'm getting some loose skin now but I don't mind it's like my little reminder of what once was.
In closing I'm nothing special, anyone who's reading this can do what I've done, just believe in youself and NEVER give up how ever long it takes you WILL do it, trust me MFP works. Thankyou.

Replies

• Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done, I did c25k and was amazed it worked! Never believed I could run, still not sure I could manage a half marathon though! Brilliant achievement.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • Sheets76
    Sheets76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow .. thank you for your story. You've inspired me to try out c25k!
  • Datarn
    Datarn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You are a great example of success!!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done lad.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!