Comments can be annoying...

Options
2»

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I think the people that have responded are just being honest and as prudent as they can. Makes me proud, because there's no bashing
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, and it was aggravating to me. Then I realized I WAS too skinny. So take them with a grain of salt, but maybe consider their opinions as well.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my mother told my sister not to eat out of my yoghurt bowl or she might catch running everywhere (they both think it's really funny I have started running, even though I've been doing it for a year now).
  • Flwrsme
    Flwrsme Posts: 39
    Options
    Yesterday my mother told my sister not to eat out of my yoghurt bowl or she might catch running everywhere (they both think it's really funny I have started running, even though I've been doing it for a year now).

If i were to catch something from someone....this would not be a bad thing. =) good for you!
  • bjscmg
    bjscmg Posts: 77
    Options
    Well I will happily take your body over mine any day! I think you look great. Keep up the good work hun. Some people will try to rain on your parade so you will have to break out the umbrella and keep on going. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So lately people, including friends, family, co-workers, etc, have noticed that I have lst some weight. No when they see me in shorts or a dress or anything that shows off my body more, they always comment about how skinny I am! Im proud of how I look and how hard I have worked and dont get me wrong, Im greatful that they noticed. But hte comments are kind of rude. They are like "boy look how skinny ur legs are!" or "Why dont you try eating some food!" or my fav, "Wow, that outfit makes you look way too skinny, almost sickly!" I am just getting so sick of the comments and I dont know how I can make them stop. I should be getting good support not rude responses, right?

If that is a recent pic of you then you look great! It may be jealousy or if you lost the weight quickly they may have genuine concern that you're not staying healthy (true or not). As long as you can honestly say that it's been healthy weight loss then just weed out the good in the comment (yadda yadda skinny legs yadda).

BUT -- a friend went on a crazy no fat raw veggie diet last year and lost a bunch of weight but he wasn't healthy and didn't look it. Everyone said those things to him too and he would get mad and ask why they were saying them. So please take care and make sure that you are healthy.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    To a person like me....who used to weigh 220#......now 150#..........and WILL NEVER be a tiny girl........you do look thin to me.....BUT I think you look very very healthy!
    You look wonderful and if you feel good, just let their comments roll off your back!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! What contreversy. Too each his/her own. You should lose another 5lbs just to spite them. Whatever floats your boat. Be the stronger person and don't show them it bothers you. Thank em when they comment on it.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Those kinds of comments ARE very annoying, but I've gotten used to them and just try to shrug them off as friends and family being concerned about your well-being. Not everyone understands the type of dedication it takes to reach certain levels of fitness.
  • sarapulsifer
    Options
    Im 5'8'' so im not short I weight 115 lbs so im not short
  • sarapulsifer
    Options
    Im so glad I found this site! The people on here are AMAZING and always so helpful :D
    I dont see my ribs when I look at my picture, when I look at my picture I see a girl that is truely for the 1st time in her life happy with how she looks. It feels good to walk in a room and trun heads, It feels good to finally feel comfortable in a bikini, and it feels good to finally feel good about myself.
    Thank you guys for all your great tips and truely helpful opinions. I will consider and use all of them im sure at some point. And when they comment again, like I know they will, I wont feel as bad. Ill have a comeback and walk away knowing that Im the better person.
    Once again, THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOO MUCH! :D<3
  • d_smith85
    d_smith85 Posts: 94
    Options
    I say, opinions are like *kitten*, everyone has one. Take what you want and brush off the rest, if you're healthy and you're happy. Eff the haters!
  • d_smith85
    d_smith85 Posts: 94
    Options
    I just today got into the "healthy" weight range, and about 20-30lbs ago my gramma said "try not to lose too much more, you'll look sick" Ugh, people! I was like, "sure gramma, whatever you say" I'm sure I'll get a comment when I see her, but I still plan on losing another 20lbs or so :P
  • westo22
    westo22 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your pics. Specifically the one in the bikini in color. Same as the black and white, except I can see your ribs. I am assuming you are a shorter gal, right? I'll be honest. You look extremely thin.

F. this comment, I think you look damn good! Your body will tell you when you are being unhealthy, just make sure you listen to it if it does.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    So lately people, including friends, family, co-workers, etc, have noticed that I have lst some weight. No when they see me in shorts or a dress or anything that shows off my body more, they always comment about how skinny I am! Im proud of how I look and how hard I have worked and dont get me wrong, Im greatful that they noticed. But hte comments are kind of rude. They are like "boy look how skinny ur legs are!" or "Why dont you try eating some food!" or my fav, "Wow, that outfit makes you look way too skinny, almost sickly!" I am just getting so sick of the comments and I dont know how I can make them stop. I should be getting good support not rude responses, right?

The people saying this may very well mean to be supportive. There are rude, hateful ,jealous people in this world, but most of them are going to hate from a distance. If someone is saying this then they very well could be speaking from the heart with true concern, so why not reply in like? Tell them what their comments mean to you? Not everyone sees everything in the same light, share with them your view of things.

It is amazing though reading the various commetns in MFP that can be down right snarky when opinions differ.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    as long as you're happy that's all that matters. if you're proud of your accomplishments and feel you are just the way you should be, then good for you! i envy that you are so comfortable in your own skin.
    but, are they saying things out of concern? or are they saying things because they're not used to seeing you like this? there may be a little bit more to it than people just being rude. not that i know.... just trying to put a different perspective out there.
    but hold your head high, and if someone is rude brush it off.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Your post was about ppl making comments about what they see and I looked at your pics and could see why they would think those things. BUT because they think it and say it to you doesn't make them accurate or right. You know your body and if you happy then good. Stay healthy, and you will be happy. And if those ppl say anything in the future ask them, would you make the same remarks if I was really overweight? Like would you say, "stop eating" or "you should really wear more clothes to cover your fat!" I bet they wouldn't, Just cuase your thin doesn't make the comments any less rude. Screw em!