Decrease body fat

Options
Tamlyngo
Tamlyngo Posts: 96 Member
edited August 2015 in Food and Nutrition
looking for advise, tips on decreasing my body fat.
I've been on MFP for 7 weeks and lost 8 lbs doing low calorie as well as low carb in the first 4 weeks and now am trying to maintain my weight but decrease body fat and continue to build muscle. I've slightly increased my calories once I reached my goal weight but not quite eating up to maintenance. Currently I'm working on macros (40p/30c/30f) and a slight deficit. My workout schedule is 3 days weight training (~40-60 min) and 2 days TRX Circuit training (60 min) with a few other things thrown in there.
My stats:
40 yo
5'5"
121lbs
Waist 27 1/2in
Hips 37
BMI 120
BF 24%
It's possible I'm headed in the right direction but just impatient. I read everything I can but there is so much conflicting advice. Just hoping someone will offer something that clicks. Thanks!
I'm also active in MFP daily so add me if you think we could help each other :)

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You want to recomp. Cool. Eat at maintenance, lift, hit your macro goals. What lifting program are you using?
  • Tamlyngo
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    You want to recomp. Cool. Eat at maintenance, lift, hit your macro goals. What lifting program are you using?

So deficit not a good idea? I have a small home gym, following a total body lifting program from body building.com using Dumbbells/barbell. Adding weight but will likely need to transition to the gym soon or buy more equip./heavier weights. Considering getting a trainer?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Nah. You want to be at maintenance for a recomp. Have you seen the recomp thread?
  • Tamlyngo
    Options
    Nah. You want to be at maintenance for a recomp. Have you seen the recomp thread?

I have. Think I'm being impatient. What would you recommend for macro goals?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Tamlyngo wrote: »

I like .8 grams protein per pound of body weight, though that is the high end. .35 for fat, rest in carbs.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Perhaps you are slim enough for a bulk? Where did you get your body fat% reading?
  • Tamlyngo
    Options
    Tamlyngo wrote: »

I like .8 grams protein per pound of body weight, though that is the high end. .35 for fat, rest in carbs.

Great! Thanks so much for the advice.
  • Tamlyngo
    Options
    Perhaps you are slim enough for a bulk? Where did you get your body fat% reading?
    Measurements taken from a friend who does fitness competitions. Not sure how accurate it is
  • dannydonati
    dannydonati Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Only 30 carbs and 40 protein?
  • dannydonati
    dannydonati Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just did some calculations and your bmr is around 1299 multiply that by 1.725 you can have 2000 calories a day to maintain your weight and the macros that equal those calories would be something along the lines of 121-p 48-f 179-c depending on your body. Since your trying to build muscle you need protein.
  • Tamlyngo
    Options
    Only 30 carbs and 40 protein?

I meant 40/30/30 %.
    Thanks for the info :)