Please Give Me Recipes!!!

Sebani
Sebani Posts: 24 Member
edited August 2015 in Recipes
Hi guys

I'm really trying hard to watch my caloric intake but as I have mentioned in previous threads, when I try to stick to a 1400 calorie a day limit I find myself very hungry/always thinking about food :/ I recently lost motivation and slid for two weeks but I really want to succeed.

A little history is that I had tried really being serious about recording my diet for 3 weeks (food scale included) but I only lost half a pound maybe 1. I'm 5"6 and 135 but I'd like to get to 120-125 ideally. And please don't say I'm at a healthy weight cause i can clearly see places where there are fat deposits (hips, legs)

So anyways, please give me some recipes!!!! Some foods I like are:
- chicken
- beef
- salmon
- tuna
- brocolli
- cauliflower
- potatoes
- sweet potato/yam
- nuts (but aren't they high calorie? Can someone address why nuts are so readily suggested but are extremely high in calorie for the amount i can consume?(
- pasta
- bread (CANADIANS! What are some good brands of bread that we carry in our grocery stores)
- oatmeal
- salad (specifically caesar)
- fruits: apples, bananas, strawberries, raspberries

Can you guys suggest some things (and specific brands too if you have) that I can make that will keep me satisfied yet within my caloric intake and also being considered healthy?

Thanks!! <3

Replies

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Howdy and Welcome,

I get all my recipes at two websites: allrecipes.com and myrecipes.com. The lovely thing about these sites is they both have an ingredients search: just enter what you want your dish to have in it and surf away. They also have basic nutrition information, or you can cut and paste the url and have MFP do the calculations for you. :smile:

I, for one, am not going to judge your weight goals. I am going to say that a typical, healthy body has some fat, just sayin'.

Enjoy the websites, and best of luck!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    I love looking at different websites for ideas ....here are a few I love ...Skinnytaste.com.........emilybites.com.....chef-in-training.com.......canyoustayfordinner.com.....ourbestbites.com....eat-yourself-skinny.com and eatingwell.com
  • Jenna12186
    Jenna12186 Posts: 6 Member
    You should
    Sebani wrote: »
    Hi guys

I'm really trying hard to watch my caloric intake but as I have mentioned in previous threads, when I try to stick to a 1400 calorie a day limit I find myself very hungry/always thinking about food :/ I recently lost motivation and slid for two weeks but I really want to succeed.

A little history is that I had tried really being serious about recording my diet for 3 weeks (food scale included) but I only lost half a pound maybe 1. I'm 5"6 and 135 but I'd like to get to 120-125 ideally. And please don't say I'm at a healthy weight cause i can clearly see places where there are fat deposits (hips, legs)

So anyways, please give me some recipes!!!! Some foods I like are:
    - chicken
    - beef
    - salmon
    - tuna
    - brocolli
    - cauliflower
    - potatoes
    - sweet potato/yam
    - nuts (but aren't they high calorie? Can someone address why nuts are so readily suggested but are extremely high in calorie for the amount i can consume?(
    - pasta
    - bread (CANADIANS! What are some good brands of bread that we carry in our grocery stores)
    - oatmeal
    - salad (specifically caesar)
    - fruits: apples, bananas, strawberries, raspberries

Can you guys suggest some things (and specific brands too if you have) that I can make that will keep me satisfied yet within my caloric intake and also being considered healthy?

Thanks!! <3

Cut back on red meat and breads and pastas. I try having only one of them a day in moderation. Stick to fish and white meats. Nothing sugary or with corn syrup. No pops or sugary starbucks lol. 135 isn't bad..the deposits are there because to lose them you need to workout those areas and turn fat to muscle. Try cutting a bunch of veggies, tossing them in a tsp of oil with salt, pepper, thyme, garlic, and rosemary bake at 450 for 39ish minutes. Or salt n pepper some swai fish and top with a mix of breadcrumb, parm, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning, mixed with 1 tsp olive oil. Just pack it on top and bake 450 for 11 minutes. Low cal but tastey...pair with veggies.
  • Jenna12186
    Jenna12186 Posts: 6 Member
    And have a high protein breakfast n nuts as one of you small snacks, you'll stay full
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    I use allrecipes.com and foodnetwork.com for all my recipes. Some I leave how they are, some I adjust in some way to make healthier - such as sauteeing mushrooms and onions in olive oil instead of butter.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited August 2015
    I am a pasta lover so switching to Fiber Gourmet brand pasta, which has 1/2 the calories of regular pasta but is still real pasta, made dieting much easier for me. Plus it's very high fiber which helps keep me full longer.

http://www.eatingwell.com/ has some great healthy recipes.