New and in need of diet buddies

Options
hello,
Like many here, I've been chubby for most of my life and a yoyo dieter for all my adult life. I'm now at a stage where I want to look after myself and set a good example for my little one. Also I think it'd be nice to go to the shops and find clothes that fit without having a meltdown in the fitting room because nothing fits.

In the past I use to diet by removing the joy out of everything and eating what can only be described as bland rabbit food, and after a while I'd just rekindle my relationship with Mr Ben & Mr Jerry. Where I messed up was during my pregnancy : I tried to be healthy but toward the end, when the sickness had eased, it was a case of "meh future me will deal with that later". Needless to say, I truly think that past me was an *kitten*. I am an emotional eater, I tend to eat when I'm sad, stressed, angry... I'm learning to rewire my brain so when I'm feeling out of sort, I have a glass of water. It's working to a degree, that is as long as there's no donuts or things like that about.
Since giving birth I've managed to lose about 35kg, but I have a good 20kg left to lose to finally have a healthy BMI. And these are the hard kg to lose.

So I hope that by using this app and coming here I'll get the extra push that I need to reach my goal.

Replies

• judih773
    judih773 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    fantastic effort so far on the 35kg well done that's no small effort so make sure you acknowledge the awesome effort you have already achieved. If you have another 20kg to go and you've already lost 35kg then think of it this way you are 3 quarters of the way there so awesome job - go you :-)
  • Kittymeowsnaps
    Kittymeowsnaps Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done on the 35kg! That's awesome. I'm quite like you, an emotional eater and have lost 30kg, haven't made the healthy BMI yet though and still need to loose 20kg to reach goal weight. I have a little girl who will 2 in the next month and know the feeling of wanting to be a good role model. If you want a friend, I'm a daily logger. Add me. I've been here for 180 days and haven't reached out for friends, but I'm in need of accountability... If I knew other people would be seeing my diary maybe I wouldn't eat that biscuit instead of something healthy haha
  • Frenchers11
    Frenchers11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies, I forget that those 35kg aren't to be overlooked. But because I'm still nowhere near my goal and to me I still looked like a beached whale, I hardly feel like it's that much. Does that make sense?
  • annemihelich
    annemihelich Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far! Keep pushing forward! You've got this
  • waterlilyxx9
    waterlilyxx9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I know the feeling of losing a lot of weight and still being so far from goal. In the past 5 years I lost 160 lbs, but still need to lose close to 150 more. This is a lifelong journey for me and not for the first time, I feel myself struggling to maintain many of my good habits. after a long stall this past winter, I got back on track specifically with exercise and recently lost about 30lbs. Then because of work and general life stuff (aka money) I had to stop working with a trainer for the summer. For awhile I did well and continued to lose weight. Then I slowly started to slide back into old habits. This culminated with me going on vacation and participating in what can only be described as a daily orgy of waffles and wine. Now I am up 15 pounds. I packed my gym bag and everything determined to hit the gym this morning before work and could not make myself get up. So I am sitting at work bummed out that I am sliding backwards. I would love some inspiration and to provide support to others. Having community always helps me. I have friends who are dieting or talking about dieting, but they are not that serious. So anyone feel free to add me!
  • alixmp
    alixmp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a good start! Sled realization is key. Feel free to add me and I will give what support I can! You are awesome!
  • Frenchers11
    Options
    Waterlilyxx9 I hear you about the affordability of a trainer. As it stands I haven't step a foot in a gym, I walk a lot and I use a pedometer. I try to walk more everyday, even if it's just one extra step. I'm back to a desk job after a year off on maternity leave, but I run around a lot after work to make it on time to nursery. I bought a skip rope today, hopefully I'll find time to use it!
    By all account you have already lost a huge amount of weight and it needs to be applauded! Food orgies happen, it isn't great, but beating yourself about it won't help, so best to just move on. And keep up the amazing work! You're doing great
  • Frenchers11
    Options
    alixmp wrote: »
    Sounds like you are off to a good start! Sled realization is key. Feel free to add me and I will give what support I can! You are awesome!

Thank you! Such positivity over here. I'm glad I got told about this app. Funny how you don't realise that portion size matters too!
  • waterlilyxx9
    waterlilyxx9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Waterlilyxx9 I hear you about the affordability of a trainer. As it stands I haven't step a foot in a gym, I walk a lot and I use a pedometer. I try to walk more everyday, even if it's just one extra step. I'm back to a desk job after a year off on maternity leave, but I run around a lot after work to make it on time to nursery. I bought a skip rope today, hopefully I'll find time to use it!
    By all account you have already lost a huge amount of weight and it needs to be applauded! Food orgies happen, it isn't great, but beating yourself about it won't help, so best to just move on. And keep up the amazing work! You're doing great

Thank you! This actually made me feel a lot better!
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    hello,
    Like many here, I've been chubby for most of my life and a yoyo dieter for all my adult life. I'm now at a stage where I want to look after myself and set a good example for my little one. Also I think it'd be nice to go to the shops and find clothes that fit without having a meltdown in the fitting room because nothing fits.

In the past I use to diet by removing the joy out of everything and eating what can only be described as bland rabbit food, and after a while I'd just rekindle my relationship with Mr Ben & Mr Jerry. Where I messed up was during my pregnancy : I tried to be healthy but toward the end, when the sickness had eased, it was a case of "meh future me will deal with that later". Needless to say, I truly think that past me was an *kitten*. I am an emotional eater, I tend to eat when I'm sad, stressed, angry... I'm learning to rewire my brain so when I'm feeling out of sort, I have a glass of water. It's working to a degree, that is as long as there's no donuts or things like that about.
    Since giving birth I've managed to lose about 35kg, but I have a good 20kg left to lose to finally have a healthy BMI. And these are the hard kg to lose.

So I hope that by using this app and coming here I'll get the extra push that I need to reach my goal.

Hi Feenchers,

I have lost 30 pounds but recently plateaued at 255. I want to get to 220 to 225 and decide where I go from there. Let me know how I can help you and I look for any help you can provide me.

Thanks,
    KFM
  • Frenchers11
    Options
    Thank you KFM! Awesome job with the 30lbs loss! I plateau-ed for what felt like forever, then I was given a pedometer and it helped. Then I plateau-ed again till I joined MFP. I think it helps when you change your routine & obviously eat the right amount of calories.

At the moment, my struggle is to keep my emotional eating to a minimum. Work isn't going too great since I've been back from my maternity leave (wasn't really great before I went on maternity leave and I guess they were banking on me not coming back...) so it's rather stressful. And when I'm stressed I eat. I think it's taking a lot out of me not to eat sweets or even keep on eating fruits (and that sugar is just as bad) while in the office. Mostly because if my mouth is full I can't tell my bosses to shove their comments where the sun doesn't shine. Anyways, that's tough, but this app is helping a great deal.

Best of luck x
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your fantastic loss so far :)

I know exactly how you felt in regards to the fitting rooms and not being able to wear clothes that everyone else was. I'd see something that looked amazing on the hanger but once it went on my body, it was all wrong, wrong, wrong. I used to buy a lot of 'cover up's and cardigans.

No one can blame you for not being 'on form' during your pregnancy, your body is going through enough without the added stress of calorie counting!

Wishing you the best of luck as you continue this. You can do it!
  • Frenchers11
    Options
    You just saved me from a very tempting double chip chocolate cookie!

Thank you
  • noahlukiemama
    noahlukiemama Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you KFM! Awesome job with the 30lbs loss! I plateau-ed for what felt like forever, then I was given a pedometer and it helped. Then I plateau-ed again till I joined MFP. I think it helps when you change your routine & obviously eat the right amount of calories.

At the moment, my struggle is to keep my emotional eating to a minimum. Work isn't going too great since I've been back from my maternity leave (wasn't really great before I went on maternity leave and I guess they were banking on me not coming back...) so it's rather stressful. And when I'm stressed I eat. I think it's taking a lot out of me not to eat sweets or even keep on eating fruits (and that sugar is just as bad) while in the office. Mostly because if my mouth is full I can't tell my bosses to shove their comments where the sun doesn't shine. Anyways, that's tough, but this app is helping a great deal.

Best of luck x

I totally hear you re the eating while stressed at the office! At my work there's food everywhere which makes it worse! Feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • rosammr
    rosammr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done to all of you that are on their way to the goal. you are much closer than some of us. No pressure but I am looking up to you guys, you are my inspiration, with your falls and all.
  • AndreasEvans
    AndreasEvans Posts: 35 Member
    Options

That's what we're all hoping for. I understand that the level of success goes up whenever you have "friends" to motivate you. I'll make a FR to you if you like AND if you are happy to give me a push from time to time? In any event "GOOD LUCK".
  • Frenchers11
    Options
    You guys are awesome.

I faltered on my lunch break and ended up having a brownie
  • cricketbird1
    cricketbird1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there.. New here. Excited about new challenges every day.