Advocate 24 day challenge

Options
im starting my 24 Day challenge today! This is my second go and I'm planning on some good results!

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    If it was so good the first time, why do you need to do it again?
  • Serendipity00
    Serendipity00 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've done the challenge several times! I just completed my 10 day cleanse and feel fantastic. You will do great!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I did it once before and I did have success with it. I didn't pay for it so can't say I would have done it on my own dime. It did help me to tighten up diet. I do think there are far cheaper alternatives out there to receive the same results but whatever works for you.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    No.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Much better off just making a lifestyle change to how your eat and exercise. These short term things are huge causes of yo-yoing weight in my opinion. Just get yourself in a good calorie deficit of 20-25% a good breakdown of your macros and get some exercise going. You will drop the weight and keep it off.
  • Serendipity00
    Options
    That's the point of the challenge though. It helps get you into a healthy eating habit. Small meals every 3 hours. It teaches you and helps restart your metabolism. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change and the challenge is a tool.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    My mistake I was assuming it was a short term deal.. I'm all for challenges and motivation.
  • Serendipity00
    Options
    No problem and no need to apologize lol. I made sure I consulted my doctor and nutritionist and it was highly approved. If you've never heard of it, I can understand how it sounds misleading.
  • DebraDS
    DebraDS Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goal is to give me that boost to keep going. Definitely a short term goal to maintain my long term goals of a good lifestyle. I love the results I had before. I definitely know how to eat right and I am consistent in exercise...Just have to keep going
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    If you want to spend $200 for a "boost", that's fine I guess. But it's important to note that all those supplements do absolutely nothing for you. You lose weight because you are in a calorie deficit, and you are more motivated because you don't want to have wasted $200.

It's your $ to spend however you want, but I think it's important to make this clear for other people who might be reading this thread. You can lose just as much weight by eating regular food you can buy at the grocery store. And without giving your contact info to an overzealous "distributor".
  • myheartsabattleground
    Options
    You need better doctors.
  • Serendipity00
    Options
    To each his/her own I guess. In the challenge you do eat regular food that you buy at the grocery store. I like the "boost" lol. I won't argue or put down your opinion, I just know that, for me, it works and it's healthy.
  • myheartsabattleground
    Options
    If you wanna insist on shooting yourself on the foot, don't throw a fit when there's blood and pain.
  • Serendipity00
    Options
    I'm sorry, DebraDS, for the negativity on your post. This is a place for support and motivation and I'll keep my own experiences to myself. If you'd like to discuss your challenge further, please message me.
  • DebraDS
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement and concern. We all have to find our own way to keep going...
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of these 'challenges' as in my personal opinion they appear to encourage good habits for the duration of that particular challenge - in this case 24 days. These time-limited challenges are great if used to educate yourself to a better *you* but you should really focus on having a healthy life - forever! I hope you succeed on this challenge and for a long time after :) Best of luck!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    That's the point of the challenge though. It helps get you into a healthy eating habit. Small meals every 3 hours. It teaches you and helps restart your metabolism. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change and the challenge is a tool.

So if you were taught so well, why did you have to do it several times?
  • DebraDS
    Options
    If it was so good the first time, why do you need to do it again?

Sorry I missed your question. I lost 15 pounds before doing the 24 day challenge. I have managed to maintain and keep it off for 3 months. Now I'm working on my next 15 so I feel like it's been a success! I have another 60 pounds to lose so if I can do it 15-20 pounds at a time every 3 months, I'm going to get there...
  • myheartsabattleground
    Options
    DebraDS wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement and concern. We all have to find our own way to keep going...

Yes, but your way is the wrong way.

• Mghaith88
    Mghaith88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Let's goooo