Oatmeal

Options

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Almond milk instead of water. Add: *PB2 or peanut butter, honey & cinnamon.
    *Depending on calorie goals. Real peanut butter is way better than PB2.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Milk and speculoos.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    1/2 water, 1/2 milk and blueberries. I let mine get soft in the fridge overnight and then heat it up until the blueberries are all gooey.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
    water
    a little sugar or honey
    cinnamon
    raisins
    and after cooking, I stir in some banana slices.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, cinnamon or nutmeg, 20 g raisins or craisins, chia seeds, water and a splash of almond milk
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal sweet with fruit as much as the next gal, but this past winter I fell in love with savory oatmeal. Veggies like onions, mushrooms, tomatoes (fresh or sundried), spinach; meat like shredded crockpot chicken or sometimes pepperoni (pizza oat breakfast!); cheese (whatever's on hand); plus a poached egg or two. Sometimes barbeque sauce. Works with pretty much whatever leftovers I'm trying to use up, helps me get more protein. And is delicious.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Cook in water, add a scoop of vanilla protein powder, top with cinnamon and raisins (and occasionally sliced almonds). Sometimes, I add a little milk too.
  • khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats with a splash of soy vanilla milk and either a banana sliced up or whatever berries/fruit I have on hand. Yum, yum!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,200 Member
    Options
    Thick rolled oats with greek yogurt, mixed berries, cinnamon (lots), walnuts (few), and sweetened with a tablespoon of mixed berry all-fruit spread. (I go in for a hearty, stick-with-me breakfast, so the 356 calories of this is fine with me, even when I was on 1200 net.)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
  • endlessenigma
    endlessenigma Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do overnight oatmeal!

Base: Steel oats (1/2 to 1 cup), chia seeds (1-2 tablespoons), water (enough to cover it all and then some since oata will soak it up and expand), and a dash of cinnamon.

Then I top it off with things like mango, berries, cacao powder, peaches, dates etc. if I feel like having something sweet and pop it in the fridge for the next morning. Great breakfast for on
    -the-go.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I do a half cup of quacker old fashioned oats with a scoop of protein powder, a tablespoon or two of coconut oil, almond butter (homemade or buff bake) and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • rainah84
    rainah84 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    BigGuy47 wrote: »
    Almond milk instead of water. Add: *PB2 or peanut butter, honey & cinnamon.
    *Depending on calorie goals. Real peanut butter is way better than PB2.

Agreed.
  • utahmomof10
    utahmomof10 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do regular rolled oats cooked in water. I put some no-sugar-added frozen berries in a bowl and put the hot oats on top. Blueberries are my favorite. Let it sit for a few minutes and then stir it up. The heat from the oatmeal thaws the berries, and they cool it down. No sweetener or milk added. I've never been a big fan of oatmeal, but I love eating it this way.
  • ellarishee
    ellarishee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon, whole milk (sometimes I do 2 parts milk 1 part water), a TBSP of maple syrup, and I mashed ripe banana.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    steel cut oaks; chia seeds. i'm lazy so i buy the quick cook kind. use water. then i heat a separate small amount [like 1/8 c] of unsweetened vanilla almond milk for 30 seconds. Add 1 scoop vanilla protein powder and mix into the oatmeal. I call it PROATMEAL.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to add to oatmeal is brown sugar and chopped nuts. Mmmm!
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I cook mine with coconut milk, a well beaten egg ,a bit of vanilla, a tsp of maple syrup. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Yummy.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    cooked in water, with a scoop of protein powder and 2 oz of milk stirred in after cooking. Or plain, cooked in water, with a pat of butter on top, and a sprinkle of salt.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Lately, protein powder, and I add PB2 if I use the chocolate one.