Kids now calling me BIG MOMMA!!!

2»

Replies

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    zaza1000 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone I can do this! The first day was the hardest but now I'm looking forward to tomorrow's accomplishment! And I Always tend to give up after slipping one time, by saying "oh I will just start again next Monday...." Not this time from the threads I have learned that I don't have to starve myself to lose weight, but do make sacrifices (like cutting my meals in half) and have the will to live healthier! ( and also feel great mentally!!)

I use to relaunch my diet, the next day; when I overate but currently I just relaunch it, when I consume something again; even within the same day because if I ruin a meal, it just ruins my day but if I ruin a day's worth of meals, it'll ruin my entire week & a ruined week is harder to overcome, than just a day; good luck!
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    My husband and co- workers said I looked like skin and bones, but I was still considered obese under medical weight guidelines, I guess I have heavy bones!

Well done on your previous weight loss and your new baby x Remember that the docs and their measurements aren't always right, sometimes it's about how you look and how you feel you look. Unless a family member has allergies/intolerances then everyone should eat the same, just compromise so you can ensure you give the children the veg they like, they will get used to the healthy eating, especially if it's a case of 'eat or go hungry'. best of luck x

• ErinV1974
    ErinV1974 Posts: 21 Member
    Zaza, I was standing in my room in my underwear one day and my son told me I looked like a SUMO WRESTLER. Dang kids. Gave me motivation though!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    What exactly are "heavy bones"? :huh:
  • ndraughn
    ndraughn Posts: 15 Member
    my 2 kids told me the same thing. it is motivation for me to lose. I am at my heaviest 186 I am only 5' 2. So it looks bad on my small frame. I am doing Zumba once a week and stepping my the Wii fit board. Tracking really helps to keep me in check.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Thanks everyone I can do this! The first day was the hardest but now I'm looking forward to tomorrow's accomplishment! And I Always tend to give up after slipping one time, by saying "oh I will just start again next Monday...." Not this time from the threads I have learned that I don't have to starve myself to lose weight, but do make sacrifices (like cutting my meals in half) and have the will to live healthier! ( and also feel great mentally!!)

I find this mentality to be very defeating, all on its own.

I look at it like this: if you go to bed and you forget to brush your teeth are you going to say well I guess I will have to wait until Monday morning to brush my teeth again? Probably not - you'll probably either get back up and do it, or just do it the next morning.

It's one meal at a time. If you ate too much at lunch, start over at dinner. If you forgot a morning snack, start over again at lunch. It's definitely a long journey and it's not easy but I think if you want to do it you will.

I found I didn't have very much success until I really wanted it, and then I was unstoppable. Good Luck and feel free to reach out if you ever wanna chat or have any questions :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    I'm a mother of 5 and my boys told me just the other day "momma, we gonna start calling you BIG MOMMA!" I knew then that it was time for a change! I want my life back, not only for me but my husband and children also. I'm 27 at 230 pounds and my goal weight is 175. At 170 last year I reached my goal weight loss, I just couldn't lose anymore. My husband and co- workers said I looked like skin and bones, but I was still considered obese under medical weight guidelines, I guess I have heavy bones! After I found out I was unexpectantly pregnant with my 5th child (my 4th boy) I went on a eating spree and gained 70 pounds. Now he's 3 months and I'm ready to start a new weight loss journey. This time I refuse to give up no matter what comes my way! (no more children anytime soon either!) it's just so hard to start all over when I have to cook for so many in my household....
    Just remember that as you lose weight, people want to give you compliments and make you feel good. They'll tell you these things for that reason. Also, people resist change, and they were all comfortable with you the way you were, and you changed something. Dont worry about any of that. Set your goal to a healthy weight for you, stick to your calorie deficit, and go for it.
    Even if you have a day where you go over your calories, don't go back to your mentality of "I'll start again next Monday. That's just giving yourself permission to stop following your deficit and eat whatever for days until Monday comes. Forgive yourself for the one day (one day over doesn't make you gain weight, anyway) and start over the very next day. You can do it. Eating the things you like, in moderation, is easier than trying to eat in deprivation.
    Do you have a food scale? Weighing your food will help you be mindful of what those portions should be and how many calories you are consuming.
  • zaza1000
    zaza1000 Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks everyone for your advice and support! Putting things into action has caused me go from 230 to 215 since I posted this post!!!
  • zaza1000
    acorsaut89 wrote: »

I find this mentality to be very defeating, all on its own.

I look at it like this: if you go to bed and you forget to brush your teeth are you going to say well I guess I will have to wait until Monday morning to brush my teeth again? Probably not - you'll probably either get back up and do it, or just do it the next morning.

It's one meal at a time. If you ate too much at lunch, start over at dinner. If you forgot a morning snack, start over again at lunch. It's definitely a long journey and it's not easy but I think if you want to do it you will.

I found I didn't have very much success until I really wanted it, and then I was unstoppable. Good Luck and feel free to reach out if you ever wanna chat or have any questions :)

That makes plenty of sense!! Thanks I will do that ;)
  • zaza1000
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    I'm a mother of 5 and my boys told me just the other day "momma, we gonna start calling you BIG MOMMA!" I knew then that it was time for a change! I want my life back, not only for me but my husband and children also. I'm 27 at 230 pounds and my goal weight is 175. At 170 last year I reached my goal weight loss, I just couldn't lose anymore. My husband and co- workers said I looked like skin and bones, but I was still considered obese under medical weight guidelines, I guess I have heavy bones! After I found out I was unexpectantly pregnant with my 5th child (my 4th boy) I went on a eating spree and gained 70 pounds. Now he's 3 months and I'm ready to start a new weight loss journey. This time I refuse to give up no matter what comes my way! (no more children anytime soon either!) it's just so hard to start all over when I have to cook for so many in my household....
    Just remember that as you lose weight, people want to give you compliments and make you feel good. They'll tell you these things for that reason. Also, people resist change, and they were all comfortable with you the way you were, and you changed something. Dont worry about any of that. Set your goal to a healthy weight for you, stick to your calorie deficit, and go for it.
    Even if you have a day where you go over your calories, don't go back to your mentality of "I'll start again next Monday. That's just giving yourself permission to stop following your deficit and eat whatever for days until Monday comes. Forgive yourself for the one day (one day over doesn't make you gain weight, anyway) and start over the very next day. You can do it. Eating the things you like, in moderation, is easier than trying to eat in deprivation.
    Do you have a food scale? Weighing your food will help you be mindful of what those portions should be and how many calories you are consuming.
    Thanks a lot! And yes the food scale I never used until 2 weeks ago showed off big time for me!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Welcome back and congratulations on re-starting your journey :)
  • anicole0102
    anicole0102 Posts: 48 Member
    I feel your pain! at one point in my journey I was 165 lbs. , then pregnancy 3 barely a year later (and already up to 200 lbs,) I had preg. #4! So now I am up to 220 :neutral: sorta in the same boat... I also have my 2 nieces all the time so its literally like cooking for an army. Good luck on your journey feel free to add me if you want!