5'5 150-155 lbs, how many calories are you eating?

Options
LastingChanges
LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
How many calories are you eating if you are not exercising, and how many calories with exercise?

Does your calorie goal make you feel hungry or weak?

Replies

• R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently 167 pounds. 150 is my first soft goal, currently eating 1400 calories if I don't exercise in the day. I do 30 minutes of circuit training and 1 hour elliptical 5-6x a week. On exercise days I eat 1600-1800 calories. I started at 206 pounds in May. This has kept me at 1.5-2 pounds lost per week, but sometimes I did have little to no loss. I know I'm not quite the same weight as you but hopefully I will be soon :)
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    reina1979 wrote: »
    I'm 5'5" and currently 167 pounds. 150 is my first soft goal, currently eating 1400 calories if I don't exercise in the day. I do 30 minutes of circuit training and 1 hour elliptical 5-6x a week. On exercise days I eat 1600-1800 calories. I started at 206 pounds in May. This has kept me at 1.5-2 pounds lost per week, but sometimes I did have little to no loss. I know I'm not quite the same weight as you but hopefully I will be soon :)

Thank you for posting, that is an impressive progress, congrats! How do you feel on 1400/1800 calories, do you have energy and don't feel hunger?
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    5'6, 145 lbs. I'm eating 1800. I do a 50 minute walk every day around ~5 mph, fairly intense, otherwise I'd probably only eat 1650-1700. Once a week or two I'll go to slightly over maintence with exercise and eat like 2500 to sort of "replenish" myself and avoid feeling weak.
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) it hasn't been easy but it feels great :) I am almost never hungry, usually eat a small breakfast then save up for an epic gigantic dinner lol!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the amount to eat to LOSE or the amount to eat to MAINTAIN that weight? I'm an inch taller and without exercise, I'd maintain at about 1850 per day. No matter my weight, I personally get hungry if I eat at greater than a 500 calorie deficit on average. On any given day I could eat at about a 1000 calorie deficit and not really be hungry on that day, BUT if I do that day after day I start to make bad choices when given the option. A average of 500 calorie deficit seems to be manageable day-in-day-out as long as I get enough protein, fat and fiber.
  • ferneyjayde
    ferneyjayde Posts: 151 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    No exercise I eat about 1350.
    Cardio I eat about 1750.
    Cardio and weight I eat about 2000.

I don't really bother with my macros right now, I am just focusing on one thing at a time. On my no exercise days 1650 is more than enough, but if I tried to do that on my workout days I'd probably pass out from exhaustion and hunger.

SW: 191 lbs.
    CW: 153.2 lbs.

Edit: my phone somehow auto correct numbers o.0
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 133 pounds now, but I never ate under 1650, which is probably what I was eating around 150 pounds. My exercise was mostly walking an hour a day and doing some weights 3x a week. It will depend on your age too though... (I was 35).
  • fletchsc
    fletchsc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" I eat 1600 spin class 4x a week strength circuit class 2x a week I don't tend to eat more or less dependent on exercise as I figure it evens out in the end and I like to have some "padding" if I go over on the weekends. I will say that (sadly for me) cutting out alcohol for all if August has made a big difference.
    SW: 192
    CW: 180
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    It depends on your age. I am 5'5" and am limited to 1200 without exercise. 55 years old. When I exercise, I estimate the burn conservatively and then eat back all the calories. So it depends what exercise I did that day. Have lost 15 pounds in three months.
  • clairegales
    clairegales Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I try to eat about 1100 cal a day. It's kind of low, but I usually go a couple hundred over. That way, when I exercise I end up meeting my goal. I've lost 10 lbs so far, and have about 10 more to go :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    5'5", age 59, SW 183 (mid-April 2015), CW 147, tentative GW 130 more or less.

Currently eating 1300 net, trying to lose 0.5 lbs/week after losing at 2 lbs/week earlier on. I usually get 350 or so calories of exercise a day, am fairly confident that that's accurate, so eat back most of it for gross around 1500-1600.

I'm rarely hungry, and if I am, I eat (and stay within goal). I'm not weak, that is, I can do vigorous exercise pretty much as I always could.

Earlier on (more overweight, losing 2lbs/week, probably eating a bit more) I didn't see any unusual effects. Now that I'm getting closer to goal, and have been doing this for several months, it seems like I'm more tired/sleepy by the end of the day, less able to burn the candle at both ends (a long-term bad habit!), but that's about it.