Not sure if I'm doing this right

Options
Hey guys,

I've been on this site for about a month now, and I've found it amazingly useful in keeping me concious of what I'm eating (I realized I was getting no where near the nutrients I needed in a number of cases and started taking a multi-vitamin to supplement), as well as monitoring my calorie intake. I am having a couple of problems though. While I've read on here that many people recommend you eat the minimum 1200 calories MFP allocates you and make up what you burn from exercising, does no one else find it disturbing when you go above your calorie count and get a big red negative number? Or find it hard to not read what you could weigh in 5 weeks when you finish logging for the day and see that you are under your calorie allocation?

I'm struggling to find the balance between what I should and should not be eating when I get red negative numbers next to say my carb intake or protein intake. Does anyone have any advice on this? Would you mind taking a look at my food diary and offer any suggestions?

Just trying to find a healthy balance, I want to continue losing a little bit more weight, I'll also be encorporating protein shakes into my diet soon so that my body can replenish this more easily when i'm working out. I'm working with a trainer and she has ordered me a product she recommends, just waiting for it to arrive. My fear is that I'm tempted by the number given to me for the weight that I could be at in 5 weeks when I'm under my calorie allotment for the day but I'm afraid of putting my body into starvation mode and finding it harder to end up losing weight.

Thanks for your help!

Julie

Replies

• kevinbc
    kevinbc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    People can only look at your diary if they are friends with you. Don't worry about your protiens being in the red, mine are every day.
  • Juliane1986
    Juliane1986 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oh my apologies!! Didn't know that, feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to take a look at my food diary.

Thanks again in advance
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    MFP only suggest calories, fat, protein, etc. You can change any one of these settings to your personal preference. As for the diary you can also make it public to everyone by changing your settings to public, not just by making them your friend.
  • kevinbc
    kevinbc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would't worry about going over on your protiens, you are not going over by that many anyway . As for the fat is that the exact brand of chicken you are eating? The chicken I put in my diary only has 2 grams of fat in it.