September 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• terihalsey62
    terihalsey62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Newly here not even sure how much to go for does 25 or 35 sound ok. Brand new to running
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    WELCOME to all the new folks - and let me echo: it doesn't matter how your number compares with anyone else's. It's your miles and your effort, and we applaud just as loudly for 5 miles as for 50 or 250! We've got your back, here!

In for 120 - thanks @Stoshew71 for setting it up again.

exercise.png
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @shalak14 and @terihalsey62 Brand new to running or an old Shoe Pounder it doesn't matter as
    9voice9 wrote: »
    WELCOME to all the new folks - and let me echo: it doesn't matter how your number compares with anyone else's. It's your miles and your effort, and we applaud just as loudly for 5 miles as for 50 or 250! We've got your back, here!

Just look at @CancerSurvivor2014
    Started the running challenge in July with a goal of 40 and ran 42. Last month I had a goal of 45 and ran 48.5. This challenge has really kept me motivated to keep running. I enjoy reading everyone's posts and progress. This month the magic number is 48. It will be my mileage goal. September Goal: 48 miles
    My August goal was 70km - managed 89km, modest in comparison to some but its what I could fit into my life schedule and fitness level. With the Swimming Pool Closed for September I have extra days for runs and recently learned about a Wednesday Night Run with a Local Club so I am going for 140 km for September and 500km for the year. If you can find a local Running Club I highly recommend it as I have enjoyed the Running Trails that they have introduced me to and the Social interaction. ( That's how I ended up doing the local Triathlon ).
    We have a great group with no Slaggers or Trolls.
    So welcome to all the new Shoe Testers, Pavement Pounders, Bush Wackers, Track Hounds, Hound Trackers etc.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm trying for 100 miles! I run monday to Friday 5 per day give or take. Trying to cut a minute off per run. .so far so good want to do it in 30 mins! ! Maybe a bit adventurous for a 47 year old with a shoulder injury lol. Keep on rockin! !!!☺
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Going for 120 miles this month as I have been over the 100 miles 2 months in a row.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    400km at least

12 miles done this morning - after a good week today my head was full of negativity so didn't perform very well

plus new starting time at work, meaning 425am waking up time = it is going to be tough

tomorrow will be better
  • AutumnFREESPIRIT
    AutumnFREESPIRIT Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    How does this work ? I want to join in please!
  • vonntaylor
    vonntaylor Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've just finished C25K so my main aim this month is just to continue running 3 times a week. My target is a teeny 60km.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Having done 20 km and 30 km for July and August respectively, I'm in this month for 40 km :smile:
  • ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    beginning runner - 30 miles for me!
  • runeddierun
    runeddierun Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 this September
  • runeddierun
    runeddierun Posts: 10 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    9/1 - 5.25 miles - humid but not as hot as last week.

exercise.png

I love it when the 1st falls on a day of the week that I run! Just realized a 3 day weekend coming up! That means I can get in a long run.
  • ceckhardt369
    ceckhardt369 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Got 3 in today!
    exercise.png
  • Dichotomy1976
    Dichotomy1976 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Didn't make my 80 miles last month, but confident I'll make 90 this month so that is my goal.

exercise.png
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

Welcome! Post your goal for the month and post throughout the month with your progress The first post of the thread explains the details pretty well. It's not a contest, just a way to hold yourself accountable with a friendly, supportive group.
  • pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i would like to join please :-) starting off slowly to avoid injury, and also switching to lower heel drop shoe. hoping to do a half marathon in April 2016 :-) 3.5 miles done today :-)
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for September

9/1 10.5 miles - 10.5

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

@AutumnFREESPIRIT Just declare a goal of what you think you can do this month.
    Then go out and run a little bit of it during each week of the month. Every day you run, come on here and tell us all what you did. Read what everyone else does for encouragement or offer encouragement. Comment in a positive way what others do. it's that simple. It doesn't matter how "little" or how " a lot" you do. or how "fast" or "slow". Any little bit puts you in the right direction.

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    1/9/15 - 2 miles

exercise.png