Loosing slow on 1200

Options
Im 5 foot 4 and 59.5kg ( 131 pounds). I eat 1200-1300 a day and have been for 4 months ( not so great on weekends) and have lost 4.4 kg in that time. Very slow. I exercise min 4-5 days a week, cardio and weight training. I dont know why its soo slow. I guess im basically at an ok weight so it is harder to loose. But if I was eating 1500 or more ( like my bmr etc tells me to) I would not loose. Im 40 years old-harder with age!

Replies

• AnnaFit4Life
    AnnaFit4Life Posts: 106 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It does slow down the closer your get to goal. The "not so great on weekends" part may be playing a big role in the slower weight loss too. Mind you if your ok with the slower loss and really 10lbs in 4 months is about 0.6lbs/week just keep doing what your doing you'll get there. If you want to speed things up a bit or if you find you plateau, I'd suggest being on plan on weekends too.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    It does slow down the closer your get to goal. The "not so great on weekends" part may be playing a big role in the slower weight loss too.

This. You can wipe out a lot of your deficit with not being so good on the weekend. I'm 5'4" and around 130. I eat 1300 during the week and at maintenance one day a week which puts me at 1500-ish daily average. That should be about .5 lbs per week which is what to expect when you're close to goal.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Im 5 foot 4 and 59.5kg ( 131 pounds). I eat 1200-1300 a day and have been for 4 months ( not so great on weekends) and have lost 4.4 kg in that time. Very slow. I exercise min 4-5 days a week, cardio and weight training. I dont know why its soo slow. I guess im basically at an ok weight so it is harder to loose. But if I was eating 1500 or more ( like my bmr etc tells me to) I would not loose. Im 40 years old-harder with age!

This could be wiping out a lot of your deficit. You're getting close to your goal, so you can expect the losses to become more gradual and you may need to tighten up your logging.
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Based on your stats your BMR could be about 1350-1400, plus let's say 300 from exercise is 1600. Assuming your "not great" weekends involve just one dessert per day at 350 each your deficit would be about 200 per day so it should take about 38 days per kg. So it should have taken about 5.5 months to lose 4.4kg with my assumptions.

This means you're doing awesome! If you want to lose faster you'll have to cut more calories though. I'd say what you are doing is sustainable so just keep it up!

Osric
  • katecampisi
    katecampisi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Lol. Yes the weekends are not great! I love a few glasses of wine and then the nibbles get me!
  • katecampisi
    Options
    I will try to behave this weekend! See what happens. But you are right-slow weight loss is ok. At least that way I don't feel completely over it having to be eating completely clean all weekend!
  • katecampisi
    Options
    Wow! That is very precise! Thanku. Im stop feeling like I'm too slow. I know my weekends inhibit me. I get inpatient. All my pants are loose and people are complimenting me. So I need to just enjoy the process.
    Based on your stats your BMR could be about 1350-1400, plus let's say 300 from exercise is 1600. Assuming your "not great" weekends involve just one dessert per day at 350 each your deficit would be about 200 per day so it should take about 38 days per kg. So it should have taken about 5.5 months to lose 4.4kg with my assumptions.

This means you're doing awesome! If you want to lose faster you'll have to cut more calories though. I'd say what you are doing is sustainable so just keep it up!

Osric

• JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Also when you have such low calorie intake, it's difficult to kind of adjust to eating less(since you're eating pretty low) so you're going to have to compensate for more cardio or other activities. Good luck!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Lol. Yes the weekends are not great! I love a few glasses of wine and then the nibbles get me!

I know this feeling @katecampisi!
    Those glasses of wine have almost completely struck out my weight loss deficit. I'm not saying stop drinking the wine completely, but be sure you're keeping it in moderation and logging it. I now pre-log it with any snacks I can prep in advance, it helps a lot in maintaining my control.
  • katecampisi
    Options
    I have always eaten pretty well but wine has always been an issue! I can easily drink a bottle on a sat night! I don't track on the weekends. And if I am serious about losing the last 2 kg I have to start! I used to have a few glasses basically every night. I thought by stopping that the weight would fall off. Not so. Going away and will be eating out all weekend so will have to try to be good
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I have always eaten pretty well but wine has always been an issue! I can easily drink a bottle on a sat night! I don't track on the weekends. And if I am serious about losing the last 2 kg I have to start! I used to have a few glasses basically every night. I thought by stopping that the weight would fall off. Not so. Going away and will be eating out all weekend so will have to try to be good

I try to limit myself to 5 ounces of wine a day. It's rough, but I make it fit in my calories. Although, now that Blue Bell Ice Cream is back, I might switch the wine out for that. :laugh:

Do what works for you, just keep logging!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!