Les Mills?

Options

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    My experience of Les Mills classes has been extremely positive. I loved Body Pump especially, and the version offered by my new gym isn't anywhere nearly as good. Attack I found too "bouncy", but I enjoyed Combat, and also the yoga-inspired Body Flow when available.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I love rpm. Sadly my instructor, with whom I also used to love Pump, is leaving
  • GraemeMcC
    GraemeMcC Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Les Mills classes. I think Body pump is excellent.

As an aside, I used to be a member of Les Mills and they are the only gym to phone me up and encourage me back to the gym as I had not been for 3 months - most just take my money and leave me alone.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Big Les Mills fan here too.
    My favorite is Combat, which I've been doing for 7 years.
    Also really enjoy pump. Tried Grit strength one amd really liked that too.
    Also tried and enjoyed balance and jam.
    Personally I don't like attack and s'hbam, but that is totally personal preference.

I agree on the instructor thing. I've had a bad instructor or two, which can totally ruin the experience. But that goes for every class.
  • kayedence
    kayedence Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love les mills.. I do body pump, combat and attack..i do body jam and shbam classes too if u like dance you can consider (:

I enjoyed the classes a lot and i miss classes i get upset haha. But as fellow forum-ers mentioned alot have to do w e instructors. I prob enjoyed cus my instructor r gd :)

So i guess e deciding factor is to go for their trial classes and experienced it for yourself! :D:D:D
  • new211
    new211 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I attend a gym that has Les Mills classes. As with all classes, I think that it depends on the instructor that you have. As far as fat loss is concerned, I think classes that focus more on HIIT are better. So Tabata may be your best bet for that (which may not be a Les Mills class per say, but is offered at a lot of gyms). Bodypump is good if you have no experience with lifting weights. Incorporating weight training into your workouts is a great way to burn fat and build muscle.
  • louisesiobhan
    louisesiobhan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do the les mills combat DVD at home, I love it. Also tried the class at the gym which I really enjoyed but prefer the DVD at home can go at my own pace.
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I love les mills body pump and body combat classes. Never tried the attack or the other ones. Totally agree though that the instructor can make a big difference - I have chosen which sessions to go to based on the instructor as some are much better than others.
    As an aside, if this gym won't let you trial before you commit financially then I wouldn't join it - a good gym should be encouraging, not just happy to take your money regardless of whether it is right for you!
  • RoadtotheRAN
    RoadtotheRAN Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The only Les Mills class I do is Body Jam because I love to Dance. Otherwise I prefer to lift heavy and I can't do that on the Les Mills program.
  • sarahbri923
    sarahbri923 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I was able to attend a body pump class yesterday for free and loved it! They offer an introductory week of unlimited classes for $10, so I will be doing that as a way to try other classes before I commit.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Awesome you loved it! My mom did bodypump for years and she absolutely loved it.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I do combat from home it's fricking amazing and down nearly 5 stone
  • gunrock1970
    gunrock1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Is that the Beachbody version? If so, which schedule do you follow? And how many rounds did you do?
  • sarahbri923
    sarahbri923 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    No, this isn't beach body, but I have don't the 21 day fix, 21 day fix extreme, and the T25 series. The Les Mills classes aren't a series with rounds, it's just ongoing fitness classes. So far I've tried body pump and body step and have loved both of them. Such good workouts!
  • gunrock1970
    Options
    Thanks Sarah, that was actually for leahcollet1 (should have used quotes). Beachbody did do Less Mills Pump and Less Mills Combat for a while but the contract is at an end and they are no longer in a partnership.
  • JulesMT
    JulesMT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There is also a Les Mills On Demand site if you want to try some of the workouts at home - they offer a free 10 day trial and if you decide to sign up it is only $12.99/month. They currently offer Bodypump, Bodycombat, Bodybalance, CXWorx, RPM, Sh'Bam, and Grit. All the workouts are around 30 minutes - they are "master classes" that have been pared down in some cases: http://www.lesmills.com/ondemand/
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I thought they were fun but more for beginner. I prefer free weights at the gym.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Is that the Beachbody version? If so, which schedule do you follow? And how many rounds did you do?

no sorry i buy the dvds off ebay and do them at home, each dvd is 50 minutes-1hr long depending if you do the abs section. i do want to try les mill on demand however im not keen on the fact that the classes are only 30 minutes.
  • gunrock1970
    Options
    Thanks Leah. I've seen those DVDs, always wondered what they are exactly. I thought they were just recordings of Les Mills BodyCombat classes with head trainers and updated with new songs.

Thanks and well done on your weight-loss!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Les Mills is my favorite thing ever. I have turned into a serious group exercise junkie because of them. I actually got certified to teach Les Mills GRIT and it has changed my life. I usually do Combat, Attack, Pump and sometimes RPM and Flow. I LOVE LOVE LOVE attack and can't wait until a training comes near my home so I can get certified to teach it as well.