New & Looking for Support

Options
xBijinx
xBijinx Posts: 49 Member
So two years ago I used the app to drop about 40 pounds and after a few months I gained the weight back, plus some extra. Looking to seriously commit to this long term/ life time journey of healthy weight loss and weight management.
Since I have a full time job that involves sitting and I'm an emotional eater (two things that should NOT be together) I need all of the support I can get!
If your situation is/was similar or you're looking for support as well, add me!

Replies

• TREYmfG
    TREYmfG Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!! I've sent you a request. Good luck on your journey.
  • xBijinx
    Options
    Thanks! You too!!
  • luv_2_runn
    luv_2_runn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I just rejoined as well! Good luck to you.. Sending a request your way
  • ruthkb63
    ruthkb63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here! It's so hard. I exercise almost daily and eat well but never lose an ounce. In fact, I just keep gaining. I just want to see some movement in my weight but it is so stuck
  • xBijinx
    Options
    ruthkb63 wrote: »
    Same here! It's so hard. I exercise almost daily and eat well but never lose an ounce. In fact, I just keep gaining. I just want to see some movement in my weight but it is so stuck
    I know what you mean! For a minute I was trying with no luck. I just felt like giving up and did a few times. I don't want to see the scale go further though so I knew I had to start trying harder.
  • Charlotte27981
    Charlotte27981 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, same here! I've sent a friend request as I need support as I've just rejoined. I've lost weight in the past using the app, but I put it back on again. This time I'd like to change the way I eat and think about food forever.
  • vickyspartan
    vickyspartan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hello
  • vickyspartan
    vickyspartan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new, and just signed in today.........looking for support
  • come_in_burned
    come_in_burned Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not exactly a yo-yo dieter but I feel your pain! I lost about 55 pounds about 8 years ago now and was pretty stable for a while but in the past couple of years my weight has been creeping back up to the point where I need to lose about 20 lbs to feel healthy. Hopefully we can support each other!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :)
    Instead of emotional eating - Use MFP forum's to stay on track! That's what I've started doing and it's working really well for me. Wishing you the best of luck!
  • xBijinx
    Options
    Welcome back! :)
    Instead of emotional eating - Use MFP forum's to stay on track! That's what I've started doing and it's working really well for me. Wishing you the best of luck!

Thanks! I need the luck! I've been going through the forum the past 24 hours and already I feel better. Knowing you aren't alone and finding so many people eager to share tips and motivation is great!
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm new, almost 3 weeks on the site and finding the support of the community amazing.
    I've a desk job, then do volunteer work in the evenings, more sitting, and study at the weekends, again on my *kitten*.
    I put on loads of weight because I spent all of the time literally sitting and my lifestyle is emotionally draining. I'm hoping to change my lifestyle so that I can eat for energy and somehow be motivated enough to get workouts in between chairs!
  • timhoffg
    timhoffg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I let weight creep back on from careless eating whatever-and-whenever. I've been on fitness pal before; and also am a lifetime member of weight watchers, where I originally lost 25 lbs. But that was 10 years ago. It's not a diet to lose weight, it's a lifestyle, and for me, being aware of what I put in my mouth helps a lot.
  • timhoffg
    timhoffg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Re: emotional eating, I used to do that. I broke the habit somehow. I used to eat when I was happy; or sad; or angry; you name the emotion and I found a way to eat over it. The thing with that is that after the food is consumed, the situation that made me angry or whatever was still there.
  • Dini_84
    Dini_84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New Here!
    Just wondering when this agony and pain of wanting to change will end,
    I might as well start doing what I am supposed to instead,
    This is too much to handle,
    What more can I say than I can sample,
    The time for new and great and fit,
    Too many people say I will not hit,
    The item on my lists which I appear to know,
    They are so slow,
    What must I do other than weep,
    I feel so bad I want to sleep,
    I will sleep and never wake up,
    Because in truth I am so fed up,
    Life is not helping and nor are my friends,
    All I want is for this to end,
    My family and me have gone through quarells,
    Totally not worth the bunch of sorrows,
    I feel everyday when I awake from my dream,
    I see myself powerful and slim and sweet,
    Yet,
    This is all a dream as I awake,
    All I need to do is take,
    Away all this pain,
    Oh My God,
    It is going to rain!
  • laurentucker851
    Options
    I'm rejoining too! Good luck too you all
  • tayloralanj
    tayloralanj Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Drink water!
  • xBijinx
    Options
    GillianLF wrote: »
    I'm new, almost 3 weeks on the site and finding the support of the community amazing.
    I've a desk job, then do volunteer work in the evenings, more sitting, and study at the weekends, again on my *kitten*.
    I put on loads of weight because I spent all of the time literally sitting and my lifestyle is emotionally draining. I'm hoping to change my lifestyle so that I can eat for energy and somehow be motivated enough to get workouts in between chairs!
    I understand the sit-down job and the emotional drain. It's my greatest challenge to stop emotional eating and just picking during the workday. We can do this though!
  • xBijinx
    Options
    timhoffg wrote: »
    Re: emotional eating, I used to do that. I broke the habit somehow. I used to eat when I was happy; or sad; or angry; you name the emotion and I found a way to eat over it. The thing with that is that after the food is consumed, the situation that made me angry or whatever was still there.
    These words ring true for me. That last sentence is probably the best way to overcome it.