INSANITY!

Options
Vijolala
Vijolala Posts: 5 Member
edited August 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Did somebody have something to share about this program?How did you felt after?How your muscles ,joints, body felt after? Did you had injures?Or maybe opposite?
Share it with the world :smiley:

Replies

• strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Tried one of the workouts the other day. I am not quite up to level for doing insanity but with that said I did love it.
  • louise13dunstan
    louise13dunstan Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    U need good quality training shoes.and a jump mat! If u use anything other u will open urself up to plantear facitis, knee injuries etc
    Its not easy, its not very enjoyable but the fact u did it gives u a buzz
    Overall T25 is a more enjoyable and "safer" program IMO
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I felt out of shape and winded during the workout. I couldn't even finish the drill test without taking about 50 breaks from beginning to end. After the first 4 days of insanity, I had pushed myself so hard that I hurt my back and couldn't get back to the program for 2 weeks. Now for the good part: when I got back on the program, every week got a little easier. I took less breaks, could do more reps and I felt myself getting stronger. And I felt sooooo good when I finished the first 4 weeks
  • Vijolala
    Options
    It seems pretty hard tho .. But for sure you need good quality shoes! I guess I will try to do that program in about 3 to 3,5 month . I don't know why , but for me 6 days a week seems like too much . And not sure if I can do that! I could push myself,but not finding a good reason why I should . Really great workout! Love the sweat!

And 4 weeks?? It's great!! Do you see some results? And how your back feels now?
  • kicknoley
    kicknoley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It took me about 2-3 weeks before i could make it all the way through the warm-up without stopping to catch my breath and stop my muscles burning. If you've not done anything that intense before you'll keep stopping. It's really, really difficult, but that's the idea. I lost around 5kg doing it a year or two ago while keeping a high protein diet (i didn't follow their plans), 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat, and taking protein whey shakes.

If your form isn't really good though, you can mess up your knees. Wear good trainers and think about how you're landing on the plyo moves.
  • Vijolala
    Options
    Very nice! Thank you for advise!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I did the first 4 weeks as instructed. I had done the odd workout previously but never completed it. This time round I could feel a difference in my body, legs felt stronger and I eventually managed to do proper push ups.

I went on holiday after week 4 and it was my birthday so I've lost the momento. I think I should start from day 1 again and actually complete both months.

Like someone mentioned, I don't particularly love the idea of doing it, but I love the feeling I have when i've completed the workout.