Breakfast before workout ideas

Options
i usually burn over 1000 calories with my morning workouts. What is a good breakfast for not only losing weight but sustaining energy for 2-hour long classes in the morning.
Oatmeal with tsp of peanut butter and banana or 2 eggs with 12 grain bread is my usual. Is that not enough or too much?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    There are no breakfast foods that are specifically good for losing weight. Losing weight is a matter of burning more calories than you eat. So you can eat anything, just the right number of calories is key. If you can eat your oatmeal and banana and eggs and bread and still workout on top of that without feeling ill/getting cramps, then go ahead and eat that.

Also, double check your calorie burn. I'm not sure what you are doing for exercise so it might be right on but put your exercise in a few online calculators to see if the 1000 number is in the same ballpark.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That sounds good to me! I find adding an apple really makes a difference in my performance, if you want to try that and see how it works
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Oats, Granola, Fruit mixed with natural yoghurt, eggs - ANYTHING really :)
  • momoharuno
    momoharuno Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I eat an egg and a bowl of Cheerios before working out everyday and I'm always energetic throughout the day, everyone is different though and experimenting is the best way to figure out what works best for you, good luck! :)
  • kristyokronley
    kristyokronley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great info!