I've failed so many times help me make this time successful

Options
hi there. I'm new to mfp. Hoping on the 1st of sept 2015 I make the changes I need to lose 28 pounds and feel good about myself again. Any advice tips and quick recipes would be appreciated especially breakfast I don't like oats. I'm trying to stick to 1400 calories a day and save 200 a night for a sweet treat I have tried to stay off them but I find that when I ban them I end up binging hugely therefore this is my new approach. Any help or motivation would be great I'm 29 and want to feel fab at 30 in 6 months time. Thanks guys looking forward to your help

Replies

• TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am restarting my mfp journey on my 8th day first weigh in tomorrow I don't have any active friends on my list. If you need anyone for support or ideas just add me you can do this. Be the change you want to see!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I wpuldnt bother starting until you have thought about why you couldnt stick with it before and make changes to deal with it. Too many people just rush into it with enthusiasm and cant stay consistent. Get the basics right which are ccontrolling your food deficit accurately so you are at deficit, which can be easily done through weighing and logging. Take small steps and prelog your food. Take it oen day at a time.
  • Steve4239
    Steve4239 Posts: 62 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I used to eat at night but since i brought my water intake up to near 1 gallon a day now i don't really feel hungry in the evening even at under 1k calories a day. just log your calories religiously and once you near your goal stop and only drink water.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Just eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight, the biggest thing I can recommend us investing in a food scale if you haven't already.
    As for 'feeling fab at 30' I gained a LOT of confidence by working out. Feeling good isn't all about weightloss, sure dropping a few pounds can make you feel good but exercise does wonders for your body, mood and outlook. And it can help you bank some extra calories for more sweet treats here and there.
    I use fitnessblender and workout at home. It's free and you can search their website for workouts of different intensities etc and they can all be done at home.
    Other than that you seem to have a pretty good outlook on things! 'feeling fab by ___ date' is a good goal because it means you're not putting time constraints on your weightloss, as that can often set people up for failure :)
    Breakfast wise I eat a lot of eggs as they help me stay full, scrambled or Poached on toast (low cal bread- 60cals a slice). Sometimes I make egg muffins which are just eggs baked with veggies, they're good for on the go. Or if you're in a rush just Peanut butter on toast is a good one :)
  • Diantha21
    Diantha21 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes I too have just restarted back with mfp...today!!! I feel good and have started by doing some exercise, when you log it it automatically adds the Kcals to your food store of daily Kcals. You obviously do not need to eat them, but should you need that little snack later in the day that may help. Never mind how just doing the exercise will make you feel about yourself as well as helping your inches drop and muscle tone improve.....
    If you wish to chat I am happy to try to help keep you motivated...:)
    113126016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for these tips it's great one day at a time and we can all do this.
  • purple817
    purple817 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm back today - having gained a lot of weight due to many reasons........its a new start and we can do this :)

Happy to have new friends also :)
  • ariesfireangel
    ariesfireangel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i'm hoping to meet (or at least be very much closer to my goal) before i turn 30 in 7 months also! lol i do the slim fast chocolate shakes for breakfast one mainly cause i have never been a huge breakfast person to begin with. i have to be in a rare mood to want cereal or eggs or any of it so i much just prefer a meal shake in the mornings plus the fact that its chocolate helps scratch that itch i have always get for something chocolate cause i find it really difficult to have self restraint with sweets so for me they are best left alone. if you try to do that though for the love of god buy the powder mix. those pre-made in a bottle shakes just taste horrible :s
    Options
    Thanks guys

• cynthiahalvorsen
    Options
    For me, I set up goals to meet that did not have to do with weight lose. I used to drink regular mtn dew and sweet tea. My first goal was to stop that and switched to unsweetened tea or diet. My new goals is I am training for a 5k in October and to drink more water and less diet soda. Mfp is great because it gives you a visual of what you are doing everyday.
  • BroscienceTheory
    BroscienceTheory Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Failure is one step closer to success.
  • WildePillar
    WildePillar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Steve4239 wrote: »
    I used to eat at night but since i brought my water intake up to near 1 gallon a day now i don't really feel hungry in the evening even at under 1k calories a day. just log your calories religiously and once you near your goal stop and only drink water.

I know this isn't your posted topic, but under 1k calories a day seems very low.... I wouldn't suggest that OP go there. That seems rather dangerous.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I could use some MFP friends. I have lost 7 lbs on MFP and have approximately 63 lbs to go to reach my goal of 150. I am tracking calories and exercise to make sure I have a deficit at the end of each day. Being 50, this is a lot harder than losing weight in my 20's. That's FOR SURE! ;)
  • jme_and_3
    jme_and_3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting over after a lot of missed attempts. I quit smoking about a year ago, gained 15-ish pounds and am struggling to lose any of it, mostly due to emotional eating. I can't eliminate my stress but I am trying to work out at least 3x's a week and track my food intake. I'm also approaching a new decade and want to be on the right track once I get there!
    Options
    Thanks to all Fr help and replys it really helps
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You will be a super fab 30! You can do it! Add me if you want :)