losing lbs instead of inches

Options
OK here's the thing. I started this weight loss program a month ago, this is my 5th week. I started at 149lbs I'm down 2lbs but my body looks smaller and my clothes are fitting alot better but here's my question how to I lose lbs instead of just inches? I drink 11+ cups of lemon water a day, walk 3 miles and eat moderately healthy, cut out sugar, sodas, proccesed foods and cut my portions in half. I just can't get the lbs off. I've had my thyroid checked and blood work, I'm perfectly healthy according to my doc. Any suggestions? Tia

Replies

• Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    The body does things the way it wants to sometimes its pounds first then inches. Sometimes inches and then pounds. Be patient give it time it will balance out. You have lost two pounds that is great and if you are close to goal then that could be the reason why. Things go slower the closer to goal weight you are.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Looker smaller than weigher smaller is more important, don't you think?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You did lose pounds...2. Am I missing something? If you're not losing at the rate you have MFP set to, you are eating just a bit too much. You're losing about .5 lbs per week.
  • RylanNicole438
    RylanNicole438 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    2lbs is ridiculous for 6 weeks. And after I put my info in it said I should be eating 1430 calories a day, that's alot and I find it hard to eat that much a day so I took my calorie intake to 1200 a day and I do better with that. So NO your not missing anything, I was asking how to lose more lbs then inches
  • queenliz99
    Options
    You have so little to lose and your margin of error is very small. It took me 3 months to lose 10 pounds. Your logging has to be tight.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    2lbs is ridiculous for 6 weeks. And after I put my info in it said I should be eating 1430 calories a day, that's alot and I find it hard to eat that much a day so I took my calorie intake to 1200 a day and I do better with that. So NO your not missing anything, I was asking how to lose more lbs then inches

Since you only have 10 Pounds to lose, you should have lost; no more than about 3 Pounds in 6 Weeks or 0.5 Pounds a week. As far as not losing that 1 extra Pound, are you certain that you haven't eaten more than you thought? Meaning are you weighing and/or measuring everything you eat/drink or that it's not because of your time of the month (I usually gain, then lose 5 Pounds; from that or are you retaining water because of an intake of excess sodium?
  • arditarose
    Options

If you're eating 1200 calories, you'd be losing faster. Are you using a food scale? Lost inches will come with fat loss.
  • RylanNicole438
    Options
    Yes I use a food scale, measuring cups ect. That's whats not making sense to me.
  • arditarose
    Options
    OP, you're doing a great job. You lost some weight. Like others have said, when you only have a small amount to lose it is wise to shoot for .5 lbs per week. You were set to lose more though, and it's possible you did not because I see in your diary you are not weighing some food. This can really throw a deficit off.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Yes I use a food scale, measuring cups ect. That's whats not making sense to me.

Ah okay. I was seeing just "2 eggs" and cups for broccoli etc.
  • RylanNicole438
    Options
    I weight my meat portions out, use cups for veggies ect.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I weight my meat portions out, use cups for veggies ect.

Ah yes. Make sure to weigh everything. Veggies, meat, nuts..anything solid. I saw a beans entry in there too. Even your prepackaged bread slices can be weighed as they are often off. I even weigh ketchup and semi-solids.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    All your calorie amounts are even. You need to weigh everything.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Per your question, You cannot lose only pounds but not inches.