Candida Diet, anyone?

Options
i just started phase one today. If anyone else is doing it please add me. I'd love someone to commiserate with while I adjust to the restrictive diet!

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    Options
    no.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I know a girl named Candida. It's unfortunate.
  • Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's an interesting article! But I am cutting out all grains, starches, sugar, etc so fingers crossed it won't be a waste of time for me.
  • myheartsabattleground
    Options
    Blakelynn3 wrote: »
    That's an interesting article! But I am cutting out all grains, starches, sugar, etc so fingers crossed it won't be a waste of time for me.

so basically:

"That's fine you just proved me wrong.. But since you told me not to play with that loaded gun, I'm gonna shoot myself in in the thigh anyway."
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Sorry, no. It will interfere with the Monistat 7 day diet I'm on, currently.
  • Blakelynn3
    Options

so basically:

"That's fine you just proved me wrong.. But since you told me not to play with that loaded gun, I'm gonna shoot myself in in the thigh anyway."

No, I've done a lot of research and your one article where someone complains that the diet didn't work, when they didn't do it right anyway, isn't going to sway me. Thanks though.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    How long have you had candida?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Why would you cut out all those foods ? Unless you have a medical issue, its not needed.
    For weight loss, it comes down to cico. There's no need for these crazy diets. ( unless you have a medical issue) I lost all my weight enjoying the foods I love, using portion control . cico works .
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

Of coarse it will be a waste of time. Diets like these don't teach the necessary tools for long term success.
  • Blakelynn3
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm not necessarily doing this to lose weight & learn to eat differently. I'm doing it for medical reasons. I didn't post this to be ridiculed or given the third degree. Just to see if there was anyone on mfp going thru this process. If you're not that person, I don't need your opinion.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I really like Candida Didry.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    What medical reasons? And can you eat this way forever?
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Why would you cut out all those foods ? Unless you have a medical issue, its not needed.
    For weight loss, it comes down to cico. There's no need for these crazy diets. ( unless you have a medical issue) I lost all my weight enjoying the foods I love, using portion control . cico works .

Are you posting in the right thread? OP clearly implied she has a medical issue. ?????????
  • umayster
    Options
    What medical reasons? And can you eat this way forever?

Good readers will assume OP is going on the Candida diet for... Candida.
  • umayster
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    @Blakelynn3 my mom struggled for years with Candida and no medical treatments were effective. She did finally get rid of it through dietary changes. I think what she did was different than you - I remember no dairy or added sugar but not no grains or starches (I could be wrong about that) - could you post a link to what you're doing?
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know about it too.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

@Blakelynn3 I do not think it will be a waste of your time for many reasons. I started this Aug 2014 for pain management.

For two months I tried to taper off foods containing sugars and/or grains but failed. Due to my age and running out of time medically speaking Oct 2014 I left most all foods containing sugars and/or grains so my gross carbs were <50 grams daily. The first two weeks was hellish then the cravings for sugars and grains faded away. Now a year later the cravings still are gone.

30 days later my pain was managed by diet alone. Six months later my IBS of 40 years was cured. I have lost some pounds but a lot more inches than I would have expected based on what the scales read. Best of success.

We are all different so what is good for one may be bad for another so just figure out what works in your case and keep trucking. It may take some time to get it right but I expect your objective can be reached in time.

I am not sure what caused my Ankylosing Spondylitis but I know when I changed my diet my pain cleared up. I did not use what was in the article but I did add coconut oil when I cut out the sugars/grains so I do not know what did what. I just know after 40 years I have my life back.

myankylosingspondylitis.blogspot.com/2006/10/managing-my-candida-fungal-yeast.html