Need ideas for meals!

Options
EuniceTHQ
EuniceTHQ Posts: 48 Member
Hi everyone! I'm pleased to have you guys here sharing ideas.

Let me start with my struggle, I bake bread as I have bread machine at home and I calculated the calories of the toast that I bake. I would like to ask is it normal that a slice of bread, about 35g, has calories of 100? I see many people eating two slices or even three slices of bread and isn't it already 200/300 calories? This makes me not to have the opportunity to make sandwiches with egg or cheese.

This morning I had sandwich, two slices of toast with 1 and 1/2 eggs' omelette and 1 Kraft cheese. With the amount of oil added, the calories became 394! Isn't it so high?
Furthermore, there's once I made waffle and it used so much oil which makes me refuse to make waffle anymore!

I have expired mayo in the fridge which I wish to finish it quickly but when I plan it with healthy stuff like eggs and insert into my dairy, the percentage of fats boost up!

I always have the problem where the percentage of fats is more than protein's!

I would be glad if you guys could share me your recipes! :)

Please help me!!! I would appreciate your kindness..

Replies

• EuniceTHQ
    Options
    i haven't touched mayo in years. seems like pure bad fat to me. plus not good for health.
    you can make waffles with less oil. you don't have to follow recipes.
    focus on good fats instead of bad fats. good fat = almonds, fish, avocados, etc.

Wow! I feel so thankful to have you here giving my advice twice. Sincerely thank you, I would take your suggestion. :)

• erin_kercheval
    erin_kercheval Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I LOVE fresh bread, but it can definitely add in calories very quickly. If you like egg breakfast sandwiches, try making them with a whole wheat English muffin instead. Or make it an "open faced" sandwich and use only one piece of your bread.

I rarely use mayo either. Thankfully, I never really liked it, so it's easy for me to eliminate from my diet. :) I do use sparingly sometimes if I'm making chicken salad or tuna salad, but even for those you can find many recipes online that use healthier base of olive oil instead.

Do you like mustard? That is my substitute for mayo if I'm having a sandwich. In grocery stores you can now find a whole variety of different "gourmet" mustards. We really like a German style brown grainy mustard, and a deli style mustard with horseradish. Lots of flavor, with few calories.
  • EuniceTHQ
    Options
    Wow
    I LOVE fresh bread, but it can definitely add in calories very quickly. If you like egg breakfast sandwiches, try making them with a whole wheat English muffin instead. Or make it an "open faced" sandwich and use only one piece of your bread.

I rarely use mayo either. Thankfully, I never really liked it, so it's easy for me to eliminate from my diet. :) I do use sparingly sometimes if I'm making chicken salad or tuna salad, but even for those you can find many recipes online that use healthier base of olive oil instead.

Do you like mustard? That is my substitute for mayo if I'm having a sandwich. In grocery stores you can now find a whole variety of different "gourmet" mustards. We really like a German style brown grainy mustard, and a deli style mustard with horseradish. Lots of flavor, with few calories.

Wow! Really thankful for your advice and suggestion! I would take it and hope it helps me to become healthier. I just ask my mum to buy whole wheat flour. :)
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Fat is good, just depending on what kind you're eating. Fat from fish or flax seed oil, unsalted butter, nuts, etc. OKAY.. Mayo is pretty fattening, try veganaise.. Some low cal options I like on sandwiches are Sriracha, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salsa....

Also, make your sandwiches open face! Or lay off the cheese.

Oftentimes I want to eat a dank sammy with mayo and cheese, and ALL the goods. I just make sure I make a simple salad for dinner that night..
  • EuniceTHQ
    Options
    jadowns wrote: »
    Fat is good, just depending on what kind you're eating. Fat from fish or flax seed oil, unsalted butter, nuts, etc. OKAY.. Mayo is pretty fattening, try veganaise.. Some low cal options I like on sandwiches are Sriracha, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salsa....

Also, make your sandwiches open face! Or lay off the cheese.

Oftentimes I want to eat a dank sammy with mayo and cheese, and ALL the goods. I just make sure I make a simple salad for dinner that night..

Thank you! I just want to finish my mayo and buy a healthier one. :) I always want to make my own salad, but it would be difficult as I'm the only who will eat so I have to quickly finish the veggies bought in few days.

• shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I used to bake bread. One time I took all the ingredient calories and divided them by slices. It wasn't 100 per slice, it was like 300-400. Unless you are able to slice that stuff really really thin, you might be eating way more than you think. the commercial stuff is fluffier and has more holes. Homebread tends to be really really dense.
  • EuniceTHQ
    Options
    shadowconn wrote: »
    I used to bake bread. One time I took all the ingredient calories and divided them by slices. It wasn't 100 per slice, it was like 300-400. Unless you are able to slice that stuff really really thin, you might be eating way more than you think. the commercial stuff is fluffier and has more holes. Homebread tends to be really really dense.

Oh.... Thanks for your sharing. :)

• sushan88
    sushan88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hah, I also have mayo in the fridge to use up. I am planning to make a chocolate cake with it and serve it sometime when I am having friends over, using a recipe similar to this one. For salads, you don't need to buy a lot of vegetables. Just lettuce or other greens, a tomato or two, and a good dressing is enough.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You are getting paranoid, relax. Yes, food has calories, this is why we eat it. You are very young, have no weight to lose (no 3lbs is not weight to lose, it is just going to the bathroom), you are eating dangerously low and you are obsessing over bread and oil. This is nto healthy. Stop counting calories, get off this site completely and move on with your life. You do not need to lose weight, you should not be averaging 1000 calories and at your age and not being overweight, you should not be limiting any food groups or worrying about calories at all.
    If you are seriously stressed about food, please talk to your parents or seek a counselor on your own, this is not healthy.
  • EuniceTHQ
    Options
    sushan88 wrote: »
    Hah, I also have mayo in the fridge to use up. I am planning to make a chocolate cake with it and serve it sometime when I am having friends over, using a recipe similar to this one. For salads, you don't need to buy a lot of vegetables. Just lettuce or other greens, a tomato or two, and a good dressing is enough.
    Thanks for your recommendation. :)
  • EuniceTHQ
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    You are getting paranoid, relax. Yes, food has calories, this is why we eat it. You are very young, have no weight to lose (no 3lbs is not weight to lose, it is just going to the bathroom), you are eating dangerously low and you are obsessing over bread and oil. This is nto healthy. Stop counting calories, get off this site completely and move on with your life. You do not need to lose weight, you should not be averaging 1000 calories and at your age and not being overweight, you should not be limiting any food groups or worrying about calories at all.
    If you are seriously stressed about food, please talk to your parents or seek a counselor on your own, this is not healthy.
    Thanks for your advice. :)