Eating your Strength training cals?

Options
Just wondered if a person doing strength training a few days a week, should eat into those calories on those days or not? Thanks!

Replies

• Rhodium1976
    Rhodium1976 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Actually, those are the only ones I do (usually) eat back. There is no reason for it, except maybe because they are much lower than cardio cals, but that is what I do and it works for me.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I think they are the same as any other cals. Exercise calories. What is your thinking on them?
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You should eat back your exercise calories, whether it's cardio or strength training. But that goes double for strength training. You can't build muscle if your operating at a deficit, so the more you eat, the more it will help with muscle development.
  • Todd1990
    Todd1990 Posts: 3
    Options
    You need protein to aid muscle recovery , in general this would require more calories , this is pretty much essential to get any benefit from strength training , if you can do this without going crazy with calories then it would probably be best however if the decision is protein or calories then protein should be priority
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I think they are the same as any other cals. Exercise calories. What is your thinking on them?
    I guess I was thinking they weren't burning fat the same as cardio kcals, or since they're a smaller number than cardio, that maybe I shouldn't eat them. But now I'll be sure to eat into them as well.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    oops.