Lunch is the hardest... Any advise?

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I eat systematically a lot (same thing), so it's usually 2 pieces of bread, 2 eggs (scrambled), deli meat turkey, with a tablespoon of light mayo, and some tomatoes. Just mash it altogether in one sandwich.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I just tried Lean Crusine's new sweet n sour chicken. 16g protein. Tasted like real food... I didn't feel like making something today.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    lunch is generally my big meal of the day, as we frequently eat out.

when im HOME for lunch, its generally leftovers from dinner, a sandwich, salad with protein, can of soup, or a mini pita or wrap....
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Or you can just have a yogurt and make your breakfast and dinner your 2 substantial meals of the day.
  • Ashleigh_91
    Ashleigh_91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My lunch is 100g of turkey mince with 100g of green beans. Low calories and low carbs as I like to have a bigger tea, usually meat with veg and potatoes.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    eat whatever you want...don't feel like you have to eat a "typical lunch meal" unless that is what you want. maybe I'm being captain obvious with that comment but that was so liberating for me to get away from typical meal foods!

I try and pack my lunch and am usually on the road so I pack things I can eat in the car. Sliced chicken breast and sliced apples. If I'm stopping somewhere, I will grab a cup of soup or 1 or 2 chicken tenders from a deli. Eating at home is a bit of a treat so I'll have something I can eat with a fork...a chicken patty smothered in mushrooms or something like that.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Are you talking about lunch at home, or taking your lunch to work? If it's the latter then it can be more challenging depending on whether you have a refrigerator and/or microwave. I usually take some combination of the following:

-- leftovers
    -- hard boiled egg
    -- raw cut-up veggies
    -- hummus
    -- Greek yogurt
    -- fruit
    -- cheese
    -- lunch meat
    -- nuts
    -- salad
    -- cottage cheese

I try to make sure that whatever combination I'm taking has enough protein in it -- so for example, I wouldn't just take veggies and fruit, I'd be sure to have an egg or nuts with it. And when I take a salad I always make sure there's a protein source in it, like the egg or meat (either lunch meat or chicken breast usually). The other thing that helps me put together a decent lunch is doing as much as I can the night before. I'm not very inspired at 6:30 in the morning, at least not by anything more than my coffee. :p