total n00b here.

Options
Hi, my name is Kat and this is the first time I've ever been on a "diet." I like to think that this isn't just a diet, but a lifestyle change. I'm looking for motivation to really lose weight and lower my cholesterol. I was logging for all of April, fell off the wagon for 3 weeks, and just completed my first week of successful logging AND exercise.

A few years ago, I drank heavily and gained about 40 lbs from it. I know I did this to myself and I also know I can undo it. Very excited to be on this site and get motivated/serious!

Replies

• skshep
    skshep Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome! I'm somewhat new myself (1 month) and I've found a lot of motivation from this site. If you stick with it, log in every day and occasionally check the community boards you will find some very helpful answers and motivation. Good Luck!! :)
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It is a lifestyle change for sure. I've been here 35 days and love it. There is so much support and encouragement. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    Welcome...You can do it!!!!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard -- stick it out and you will be successfull. .
    Keep logging in your diary everyday, no matter what.
    Do a lot of research and keep reading. Figure out what will work best for you in the beginning and over the long term.