"Beachbody" brand Workout programs

Options
Anybody do any of the exersise programs made by Beachbody?
Insanity,p90x,Hiphop Abs,TurboJam,Brazilian Butt Lift, or the 21 Day Fix?
Any luck with them??

Replies

• ValerieS1122
    ValerieS1122 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity and Max 30! I recommend taking measurements!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have done Body Beast (doing my own hybrid now), all of the P90Xs, and CLX. I have supplemented with insanity and T25 as well. They are all good in their own ways.

What are your goals?
  • candi615
    candi615 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm doing a mix of all the ones i listed! I'm loving them so far! Just seeing what some others thought of the programs,and if they are losing any weight from them. (:
  • candi615
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight, along with gaining muscle!
  • psuLemon
    edited September 2015
    Options
    candi615 wrote: »
    I'm trying to lose weight, along with gaining muscle!

Well you wont really gain muscle while losing fat. They are really two different metabolic processes. You can retain the muscle you have and maximize fat loss by eating foods high in protein and doing one of the resistance based ones (not just cardio). It will also depend how much equipment you have.

Also, with only 20 lbs to lose, dont' have an aggressive deficit. More than likely, your calories will be around 1700 if you are doing one of those programs.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I've done insanity, insanity max 30, p90x, p90x3 and body beast programs. I prefer to mix them up. Take measurements are a must. You lose weight from a calorie deficit.

As someone once said, you can out eat any exercise regimen!
  • candi615
    Options
    Sometimes i will only do half of one of these programs, Maybe walk for 25 mins, and I lift weights everyday. i thought by doing the cardio(the program) i will lose weight,and the weightlifting would help put on some arm muscle! lol. I've gotten so obsessive with my diet-Mainly just fruit,veggies,nuts,and meat, because i got it in my head that my workout won't be productive if i dont eat just right. which i hate feeling like that, because when i slip up at all, i feel so awful, and that the work ive done/been doing, was worthless. :/ but thanks you guys!(:
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Sometimes i will only do half of one of these programs, Maybe walk for 25 mins, and I lift weights everyday. i thought by doing the cardio(the program) i will lose weight,and the weightlifting would help put on some arm muscle! lol. I've gotten so obsessive with my diet-Mainly just fruit,veggies,nuts,and meat, because i got it in my head that my workout won't be productive if i dont eat just right. which i hate feeling like that, because when i slip up at all, i feel so awful, and that the work ive done/been doing, was worthless. :/ but thanks you guys!(:

If i makes you feel better i fuel my workouts with a Klondike ice cream bar. And remember that ones overall diet is more important than all the little details that make it up. If you get 80 to 90% of you calories from good sources i would stress the rest.

• candi615
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

If i makes you feel better i fuel my workouts with a Klondike ice cream bar. And remember that ones overall diet is more important than all the little details that make it up. If you get 80 to 90% of you calories from good sources i would stress the rest.

lol! i gotcha, but if i stay under my calorie goal(1,300), and i do one of these workouts a day, i should definitely lose the weight? I need to quit stressing so much, i know thats not helping!haha.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1100 calories and been doing T 25 for 9 weeks. I've lost 8 pounds, not through T25, but through limiting my calories. T25 has gotten me much stronger and more agile and I've already bought others for when I finish gamma. Or I might mix jogging back into gamma if the cardio is all jumping like alpha and beta.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

lol! i gotcha, but if i stay under my calorie goal(1,300), and i do one of these workouts a day, i should definitely lose the weight? I need to quit stressing so much, i know thats not helping!haha.

Well your diet will definitely determine if you gain lose or maintain. I would ask if you have a food scale and do you log daily?

• strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Love the workouts. Just finished 10 minute trainer Sunday. It was my get started program but I mixed it with P90X, P90X3, Insanity, T25, Power 90, and 21 Day Fix just to add more as I got back into it all.Lost 12 lbs last month and my before and after pictures already showed the difference. I am doing training for a marathon workout at the end of Oct. I may not be able to do it fully but I am going to try. Just make sure you are eating right and logging your calories decently. If you can eyeball portions good you don't really need a scale like many push. If you use one great. I don't bother myself as I can gauge portions well and the first time I tried this I lost close to 50 lbs in 4 months. Good luck. You got this
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I love the workouts. I've completed Insanity, Les Mills Combat, and Chalean Extreme. I've also done a little bit of Les Mills Pump and Turbo Fire. I love them all but Combat is one of my favorites for the fun & stress relief and Chalean Extreme is my other favorite because of the strength program.
  • jez_4ever
    jez_4ever Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've done a bunch of them. The trick is to make exercising a consistent lifestyle. Many times people (including myself) get caught up by the "ripped in 90 days", "lose 30 lbs in 30 days", etc. When it doesn't happen in reality its easy to get discouraged. I've actually had great results with beachbody workout videos (though I'm not a coach). The other thing is you can't just complete the workout in the allotted days and be done. You got to keep going...either to another work out regiment or start over and do it again, but with more intensity. Its easy to get complacent and say, "Well I've done my 90 days, now I can relax and go back to my old bad habits." Nope...You gotta keep Bringing it! :wink: