September 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• aprilcanrun
    aprilcanrun Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just over 4 miles tonight with running club.
    exercise.png[\img]
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom & @shanaber I wish I had the same confidence as you guys for myself. LOL
    I know I will get there. Just not sure this year. It will be close, but just not too sure just yet. We shall see.
  • rogue024
    rogue024 Posts: 1,484 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    September goal: 35 miles

9/1 - 3.1 miles
    9/2 - strength day, no run today

@7lenny7 - 41 miles in 7 days is awesome!
    @ddmom0811 - crazy how humid it was at that hour, good job!
    @skippygirlsmom - love that picture about working hard when no one else is looking, thanks!

I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday! I'll be back at it again tomorrow morning.
  • runwithtoppa
    runwithtoppa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    NEWBIE!
    I started running in early August, and my goal at the moment is to run a non stop mile!
    Instead of trying to aim for X amount of miles for Sept, I'd like to keep a log of my daily non stop distances. And aim for 15 runs (I run every other day) and get as close to 15 miles as I can :)

2/9 - 0.70 mile

exercise.png

• ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    9/2/15 - 1.8 hot and humid miles. 28.2 miles to go.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    September goal 100km
    9/1—Rest
    9/2–-5.3 km
    9/3–-6.24 km

Seems like I'm finally starting to get my running legs back as they weren't as fatigued this morning as they have been since I started running again after having to take a rest all of July due to illness.

Also just found out that one of my new coworkers used to train people for iron mans and triathlons. So we'll be offering a running club together for the students. Plus I'm excited cause it means I can ask him about half marathon training.
  • strongenoughtofly
    Options
    I'm going for 25 miles this month. I know it's not a lot but I'm coming back from a bad knee injury from soccer so I got to start somewhere!
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    Options
    MFP September 2015 Running Challenge:
    Thanks for the Kudos and "points." They really helped motivate me to get my run in this morning. I am lifting light this week but had an pretty intense leg day yesterday.
    I have sore glutes today but it felt better while running. As soon as I stopped the bun throb returned.
    I had a good 3 mile run around town.
    I am working on speeding up my "comfortable " pace. I was successful. Upgrading my pace from 12min to 11 min a mile average.

Goal: 48 miles
    Complete: 5
    >>>>>>>> 43 to go <<<<<<<<
  • Aresende90
    Aresende90 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 15 or more miles a week, so 60 plus is my goal for September! :) joined a local running group and went to my first "pub run" last night. So nice to chat with like minded people! Hoping to attending a pub run once a week! Basically you meet at a designated bar, run a 3 or 5 mile loop group run back to the bar, and then go inside for drinks, apps, and conversation!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @mwilliams5253 - I think that is a great goal to aim for. That's the same thing I did. I used the Couch 2 5K last year and once you get to the point of running the 5K straight through, adding more mileage seems to start happening. I'm slow, but I ran the first 5K straight through in September and then a 10K straight through in March. Next up is the HM in October, but I won't be running that straight through unless the weather is nice and very cool that day.
    @stoshew71 - You will qualify and I can't wait to hear when it happens! :)
    @7lenny7 - Forgot to mention when I did a bike tour in San Fran last week, there were 4 people from MN! I, of course, had to tell them how I already know how all people from MN are "nice". They laughed at my analysis that I liked them already. Seriously, they were great though. I don't think that mom walking the baby in @skippygirlsmom's neighborhood is from MN.
    @abakan - I had IT band trouble earlier this year and mine was because I started adding a lot of biking miles in the week while also running. (at least that is what my interpretation of what happened was). I got a foam roller and was diligent for months on using it before and after runs and it went away. I have gotten a little lax on using it lately, which reminds me better get on it.
    @hayleymawr - that's fine! You can count it however you want. On every run that I list the first .3-.5 is actually me walking fast warming up. I just have to do that to warm up.
    @5BeautifulDays - glad to hear there was less pain!
  • endlessenigma
    endlessenigma Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 2.06 ( walking)
    9/2 - 2.76 (running/walking)

Week 2, Day 2 of CT5K!

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    4 mile easy run today. It's interesting noting the added difficulty in keeping my pace down the day after a tempo, steady run or fartleks. Just a few weeks ago in my base building phase when doing high mileage at easy pace I had an easy time doing 6 to 8 mile easy pace runs the next day after a 12 miler (also done at easy pace). The problem now is just that I start out a little bit fast on my easy runs. It feels like the right pace, but isn't, and I have to really be careful on that last mile or two to avoid running too hot. I'll adapt soon, I'm sure. All that time this summer running at this pace and it is so easily forgotten with just a simple tempo run.:tongue:

9/1 - 6 mile steady run (6 total)
    9/2 - 4 mile easy run (10 total)

Goal 166 miles

exercise.png

• Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Shanaber: Thanks for the links, I had a look at the videos, I'll have to invest in a foam roller. I think probably a weeks rest from running would help so I was thinking of doing some spin classes and swimming instead although I'm not sure if the spinning will just be using the same muscles and not help at all.
    ddmom0811: Thanks for your input, I'll get a foam roller and get started, It seems like the way to go.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    9/1: Rest
    9/2: 7 miles

Lots of shuffling around of runs this week! Had to accommodate the Izzard show last night, and then working in a trip to DC to visit a friend this weekend. And somehow tomorrow is Thursday already! Where did the week go?!

7/200

exercise.png
  • runeddierun
    runeddierun Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So humid today
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    1-rest
    2-5.03

5.03/80+

Snakey run. Water snake and a grass snake. Good run-ish.. Pace aint so hot. But definitely feeling stronger with each run.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    The baseball game was a good one. The Twins beat the White Sux 3-0! Since the game was a short one, just 2hr, 30min, and it was quite a bit cooler tonight that tomorrow is supposed to be, I decided to run when I got home and ended up getting 6.1 miles in.

I'm logging it all on 9/02, though technically some of the mileage was run on 9/03. I didn't start after 11pm. I do love those late night runs.

Time for bed!

z8s905luq0hf.jpeg
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    NEWBIE!
    I started running in early August, and my goal at the moment is to run a non stop mile!
    Instead of trying to aim for X amount of miles for Sept, I'd like to keep a log of my daily non stop distances. And aim for 15 runs (I run every other day) and get as close to 15 miles as I can :)

2/9 - 0.70 mile

exercise.png

Welcome to the group :-)