Let's Talk About Non Scale Victories - shall we?

I think it's super motivating to hear about others' NSV. When the scale isn't moving much, but you see a difference other places. So, I'll go first..

I'm finding that I can lift a bunch of grocery bags all at once; I feel so much stronger! Also, those constant fast food cravings? Not much any more!

Replies

• LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Tried on a dress that I haven't worn since 2012 - it's snug, but it fits! Plan on wearing it to a wedding Friday!
  • jrevis001
    jrevis001 Posts: 505 Member
    I LOVE this discussion! <3

I've worked myself from ten minutes on the elliptical at level 3 to 30 minutes starting at level 4 and working my way to 7.

My soda cravings are gone! I drink wayyyyy more water.

I could go on & on! :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    The tape measure is my only friend these days. The scale hasn't budged in over a month, but I am getting smaller (lost inches, clothes getting looser). I don't know what is going on with my weight. I've stopped paying any attention at all to the scale.
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Tried on a dress that I haven't worn since 2012 - it's snug, but it fits! Plan on wearing it to a wedding Friday!

I love this! I have a dress hanging up that I want to get back into - from 2006. I'll get there, just like you.
  • mrsdrshot
    jrevis001 wrote: »
    I LOVE this discussion! <3

I've worked myself from ten minutes on the elliptical at level 3 to 30 minutes starting at level 4 and working my way to 7.

My soda cravings are gone! I drink wayyyyy more water.

I could go on & on! :)

I am so pleased for your elliptical victory! I once did 30 minutes on a stairmaster. If I tried that today, I might die.
  • mrsdrshot
    The tape measure is my only friend these days. The scale hasn't budged in over a month, but I am getting smaller (lost inches, clothes getting looser). I don't know what is going on with my weight. I've stopped paying any attention at all to the scale.

That's a really good idea. I don't measure currently because I'm embarrassed about the numbers, but I don't measure, I won't see changes. Thanks for the tip.
  • jrevis001
    jrevis001 Posts: 505 Member
    Thanks! I feel you on the stairs. I Did ten minutes on Monday and whew! Good job!

• marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    Last summer I bought two blouses, same cut and style, but two different colors. One of them turned out to be slightly smaller than the other and incredibly tight on my upper arms. Now that I'm on MFP and down 18 pounds, it fits correctly.
  • mrsdrshot
    I can run up my stairs without puffing like a winded - something - at the top.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Definitely clothes-buying is getting more pleasant/satisfying.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    edited September 2015
    The scale has stopped moving, but on Monday I fit into a pair of size 2 jeggins I bought mooonths ago when they didn't have my size at the time. I was planning to wait another month or so, because I didn't want to stretch them out of shape, but they fit perfectly! No pinching or anything.

I'm actually finding that I almost have a whole new wardrobe of clothing I bought ages ago that never really fit properly (and were worm like once and then forgotten about). So thanks, Past Me? You suck at shopping, but now Current Me looks fab.

• mrsdrshot
    You are wearing size TWO leggings? Well, that's awesome, and a little intimidating. lol!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    The scale has been all over the place lately. However:
    - Bought a pair of size 6 shorts. I tried them on when I got home. Too big. Exchanged for a size 4 and while they fit when I first put them on in the morning, by the end of the day I have to pull them up constantly. I must have been bloated when I tried the size 4 on in store, since it seemed to fit perfectly then.
    - Tried on shorts on another day at Target and was fitting a 2 - 6 range (size totally depended on cut even within the same brand). Ended up getting a size 6 & 4 that are both the same brand and fit perfectly; the only difference was cut.
    - I confidently wore a bikini in public for the first time in years on Sunday at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
    - I finally fit into the bikini I bought in Feb
    - I can deadlift 141 lbs (which makes me very happy)
  • amarie210
    amarie210 Posts: 47 Member
    I can fit into my size 8 jeans! Which means I don't have to go shopping. Yay! And I found a drawer of size 6 pants calling my name. They are all too tight to zip BUT I can get them up!
  • heidio2
    heidio2 Posts: 110 Member
    All my pants look and feel ridiculous on me now. Scale hasn't moved but 2-3 lb each month for a few months but the clothes is where I see it most
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    I now fit into jeans which I haven't been able to wear since 2011.
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    I am wearing an old pair of shorts that wouldn't squeak past my thighs before.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    mrsdrshot wrote: »
    You are wearing size TWO leggings? Well, that's awesome, and a little intimidating. lol!

You're telling me! I grabbed size 8's the first time around. I blame vanity sizing to be honest, but it definitely made my day :)

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    I *Only* lost 2lbs last month - I was disappointed as I thought I'd lose more.
    I measured myself and I'd lost 8 inches :D
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    My biggest victory has been able to look in the mirror and point out physical aspects of my body that I am just now beginning to love regardless of my current weight. It's a HUGE achievement to be able to say that I love my curvy, somewhat untoned legs--they take me where I need to go so what's not to love?? :)