Let's Talk About Non Scale Victories - shall we?

Options

Replies

• GunnDancer
    GunnDancer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Found an entire box of clothes almost ten years old... And I fit into every.single.item.

It was cool.
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love ALL of these great NSVs! I don't know that I'll ever wear a bikini in public (or want to - "thanks four pregnancies!") but this morning I put on a skirt that I've been wearing all summer with the zipper down 2" - and they zipped to the top! It's snug, and still a 12, but I'm back in a 12 baby!

Wait, I just checked. IT's A 10! Woo! Thank you Liz Claiborne!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    A FULL BELT NOTCH SMALLER!!!!! First month.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I now get up at 4am to workout (5 days a week for an hour) before I homeschool my daughter :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm liking this thread because the scale is something that can sabotage my efforts. If I weigh myself too often, and see either no loss or even a slight gain, I feel like such a failure. So, my goal this time round is to only weigh in once per MONTH.

I started on Sept 1, so my NSV so far is logging my first 15 mins cardio workout yesterday!
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    Wow, once per month RoseTheWarrior? That's awesome. I think I should put mine away because I look at it too much, but I don't think I could go more than a week! That's why I started thinking about NSV's no scale movement in a while.
  • amoebamama
    amoebamama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I *Only* lost 2lbs last month - I was disappointed as I thought I'd lose more.
    I measured myself and I'd lost 8 inches :D

Wow!
    Please share.... How did you do that?
  • amoebamama
    amoebamama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My biggest victory has been able to look in the mirror and point out physical aspects of my body that I am just now beginning to love regardless of my current weight. It's a HUGE achievement to be able to say that I love my curvy, somewhat untoned legs--they take me where I need to go so what's not to love?? :)

Girl you got that right.
    I trying to learn how to love and appreciate ME...
    Continue your success
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    mrsdrshot wrote: »
    Wow, once per month RoseTheWarrior? That's awesome. I think I should put mine away because I look at it too much, but I don't think I could go more than a week! That's why I started thinking about NSV's no scale movement in a while.

In the past I have been obsessed with the numbers on the scale. Last year I tried to start a program and lost 9 lbs in two weeks. The week after...I gained a pound...and was so devastated that I just gave up. It's taken me this long to try again! So for me, once per month will be good. Not so much fluctuation then. Every week is great for most though :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    My hips have gone from 44 inches to 37 inches. I finally dropped that last inch this week and it has been about 9 months since I have seen a change :)
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    In the last few months I have traveled to Europe and Florida(just last week), and attended a few weddings/grads. I actually like how I look in most of the pictures! HUGE NSV
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    amoebamama wrote: »
    I *Only* lost 2lbs last month - I was disappointed as I thought I'd lose more.
    I measured myself and I'd lost 8 inches :D

Wow!
    Please share.... How did you do that?

My body does strange things! :)
    As I am close to my goal weight, I have upped my calorie intake so that I lose around 0.5lb per week instead of 2lb per week. With all the gym work I do, most of my victories aren't scale related anyway. This is why taking measurements is so important for tracking. The 'Weight' loss may be slowing but the inch loss has only just begun :)
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a month also. My scale is not accurate at home so I weigh when I see my Diabetic Educator every month
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    Today I was able to up my weights from 10 to 15 lbs during my workout.
  • melholmes80
    melholmes80 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I have 2 to share...I got to buy new underwear at Victoria's Seceret not Walmart because I could, and I have officially dropped from "overweight" to "healthy" on the bmi chart.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Last night I cut my toenails without holding my breath or breathing hard at all.
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    My NSV for today: It's getting much, much easier to choose food that is better for me - and less of it. I don't feel like I have to pick the most extravagant meal when I go out. Or that I have to eat it all.
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My doctor suggested to only use the scale when I'm with him, that way the only things I have to measure, on everyday basis are NSV... Here's one.. I had to stop using my favorite skirt, it won't stay where it's supposed to... It insists on travelling all the way to the floor...:D Bye Bye skirt!
  • sealightdolphin
    sealightdolphin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I can now walk up the stairs to my second floor, without holding the rail!
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I just went closet hunting in the spare room where we had stored older clothes that are still in excellent shape. I had forgotten about them and had already scoured my walk-in closet for things I can now wear without much luck - baggy. There I found some favourites I had worn in June of 2004 and tried them on for size. They too were baggy! Oh yes! So it's back to the current selection, however limited. Soon I shall be clothes shopping for a new wardrobe...after another 28 pounds! Hope my husband has the credit card ready!