50 pounds to lose needs some motivation!!!!

Options
jennfer2015
jennfer2015 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I have to lose 50 pounds and I found that diet called the military diet and I just started it's promised to lose up to 10 pounds in 3 days but keep eating right for the rest of the week so I'm doing it and anyone please feel free to join me so I can have a buddy

Replies

• china_ssf
    china_ssf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What's the military diet?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Please read through these forum's before you consider a quick fix diet such as this. I don't know anything about the 'Military Diet' but if it's promising you these extreme results in such a short and unhealthy space of time, I'd steer clear. You need to do this correctly - you owe it to yourself and your body. Eat at a deficit (again, there are lots of articles explaining the meaning of this and MFP can calculate your intake for you) and work out regularly if you can. You WILL lose weight. Don't buy into these quick fixes - you will not keep the weight off.

Good luck.
  • Ashleigh_91
    Ashleigh_91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Please read through these forum's before you consider a quick fix diet such as this. I don't know anything about the 'Military Diet' but if it's promising you these extreme results in such a short and unhealthy space of time, I'd steer clear. You need to do this correctly - you owe it to yourself and your body. Eat at a deficit (again, there are lots of articles explaining the meaning of this and MFP can calculate your intake for you) and work out regularly if you can. You WILL lose weight. Don't buy into these quick fixes - you will not keep the weight off.

Good luck.

I agree with you. quick fix diets are not good long term! You need something that you will do long term otherwise you may end up quitting. I have tried many quick fix diets before and they do work but not for the long term. I have used My fitness Pal app to calculate how many calories I should be eating each day to loose weight and I was surprised at what I can eat while loosing weight.

Good Luck :)
  • jennfer2015
    jennfer2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started the diet on the 9/1 and today is the 9/4 and I lost 5.5 pounds and it's not water weight or anything you still eat good and you eat 1500 calories a day for the 3 days it's nothing extreme your body don't starve and you still work out it only tells you what to eat and helps you control your portion. It's not a quick fix and the weight stays off just like every other diet once you lose the weight of course you still gotta eat right so you don't gain the weight back.
  • 40DmBjunkie41
    40DmBjunkie41 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My son is on a diet like this. He looses & gains significant amounts of weight (up to 4 lbs) daily. I think that's too extreme. But it's important to know that multiple daily workouts play a key role in this 'military' diet, and "cheating" is the main cause for weight gain. He can gain anywhere from 3 to 8 lbs in a weekend going off this diet.