Final goal met - 168 pounds lost

Options
eoin21
eoin21 Posts: 81 Member
edited September 2015 in Success Stories
I was unhappy for months, maybe years, about my weight. I had no confidence and zero self-esteem left before I made the choice to better myself. I found that I was avoiding nights with my friends or even taken trips to go shopping because I became so self-conscious about how I looked. I decided the month before I began my journey that I wanted to become the happy, confident, and full of life person that I was when I was younger. I had the typical story, I ate too much bad food, drank too much, and exercised very little. I blamed a bad knee injury for my laziness.

It's hard to believe that I am the same person at times. I was struggling a bit last night with tiredness and with my own personal struggle of anxiety, it unfortunately decided to target the training and especially the big push I've been on the past 3 months. I was struggling to find that sense of 'it's all been worthwhile' and until last night I never had the sense of 'achievement' or pride in what I've accomplished, until my girlfriend asked me to compare these two photographs out of the blue.

IMG_3864_zps0koycwat.jpg
IMG_3865_zpsu1azzit9.jpg

It's safe to say that any doubts or negative thoughts I was having have gone. It really put into perspective what I've accomplished, how much my life has changed. I am now 168 pounds lighter (12 stone exactly) and I can't believe that I have actually got to this stage after all the months of training and dieting that I can now say I am 'done' with losing weight, that I have reached the end goal that I once never thought was possible. I suppose I just began to forget too often what I've overcome to get to this stage. I forgot what I've already done and became to focused on what I've yet to achieve. I want more but forget that I've already succeeded in accomplishing.
I'm a different person both physically and mentally as a result of this, but I wouldn't change it for anything in this world. I wouldn't go back and say I wish I never got that overweight, because the strength and lessons I have learned from it has finally made me appreciate living my life. I am by no means done with training or eating well, as through this I've gained a love of bodybuilding and I am learning to become a personal trainer. I know in every city or town there is an abundance of personal trainers and nutritionists, but I hope that I can pass on the knowledge I have learnt in regards to both the physical and mental challenges to losing weight be it through an online capacity or to clients.

Replies

• knsreed
    knsreed Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great focus and great achievement! Very inspiring!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done indeed lad.
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Awesome achievement! Congratulations!
  • Gretzmo
    Gretzmo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look fantastic! Very motivating, thank you for sharing
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love you're story, your on the right track I hope you success in maintenance
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job very well done!

I admire your goals for the future. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your success with us.
  • Jessalane0607
    Jessalane0607 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this! Did I mention I love this? hehe Wonderful job!!
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • eoin21
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Dude that is so well done. You look great.
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nicely done! Youre smile says it ;)
  • mearsy88
    mearsy88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow check you out! You look fab and so inspirational! :D
  • chelef
    chelef Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look amazing!!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    impressive job
  • Stuiver
    Stuiver Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    great job, and keep up the positive attitude - don't let anxiety take over.
  • eoin21
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I really appreciate all the comments I am really happy now :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment Sir!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I can relate to almost everything that you have shared, while on your journey. Thank you for sharing -- you can tell that you're so much more confident. You look great!!! Keep up the amazing work, and reflect on how far you have come, when you're having doubts!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    You did so so well!! This is why I am a strong believer in before and after pictures.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!