Options

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    beastby40 wrote: »
    Sadly those mfpers who have worn hrms during sex have found very little calorie burn. But it does release endorphins which make you less stressed which makes you less likely to comfort eat....

Not sure where this info comes from but, having sex for a good 12-15min at a good rate and pace, makes me sweat like crazy... yes it burns calories!!!

Yea it burns calories but not many. Sweating does mean big calorie burn.

Oh good. I'm glad I burn calories when I go stand outside in the summer.

ETA: It burns calories, but don't log it as a workout. If anything, just have more sex, take the bigger deficit, stick to your calorie goal, profit.

I need to change my name to the typo queen. I meant sweating does NOT equal a big calorie burn.
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Options
    Not if your a dead fish. But if your putting in work I don't see why not.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Sadly those mfpers who have worn hrms during sex have found very little calorie burn. But it does release endorphins which make you less stressed which makes you less likely to comfort eat....

also, it's sad that mfpers have worn hrms during sex :/

Why is that sad? I wear my fitbit charge HR all of the time, except in the shower.

We've giggled about having mine on during nookie, didn't realise that having a healthy sense of fun was sad!
  • Got_Discipline
    Got_Discipline Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    HELL YES sex is a work out!! especially when your fat because you are moving your body vigorously in ways that are not normal. Do you get Hot and Sweaty when ur *kitten* I know I do (sometimes). However being in shape makes sex more enjoyable, more exciting, and last longer.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Why is that sad? I wear my fitbit charge HR all of the time, except in the shower.

We've giggled about having mine on during nookie, didn't realise that having a healthy sense of fun was sad!

My hubby and I like to call them jack off steps, pun intended :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    HELL YES sex is a work out!! especially when your fat because you are moving your body vigorously in ways that are not normal. Do you get Hot and Sweaty when ur *kitten* I know I do (sometimes). However being in shape makes sex more enjoyable, more exciting, and last longer.

Don't know how being fat = sex not being normal!
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Only if you do enough reps.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Well now there is a conversation starter "How did you lose all that weight?" "I have sex a lot."
  • lps1dragonfly
    lps1dragonfly Posts: 111 Member
    Options

I agree. I wear my UP2 all the time except for showering. I was one of those that logged sex but then I realized that it wasn't really truthful on my log vs. my results. I even asked my nutritionist about it. She chuckled and agreed that it's more of a normal activity; yeah heart rate and endorphins and such but your not really working out any muscle groups yknow what I mean?
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Serious answer: No. Not even close to burning enough calories.

Fun answers
    1. Depends on how many people involved
    2. If that's your only workout, you should also count the walk of shame.
    3. If the other person is heavy, does it count as weight training

• phillipdean299
    phillipdean299 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wear a heart rate monitor and find out how many calories you burn.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    sigh- a HRM isn't even going to give you a good reading- if you wore one watching a frigthening movie it would probably log calories burned higher than just sitting there because it's .... wait for it... monitoring your HEART rate.

so if you get scared or excited- you're heart beats faster- it's going to tell you that you burned more based on the algorithms.

A HRM is only really truly reliable for steady state cardio. It's not even that good for sprinting.

Being said- no sex doesn't really count toward your workouts. Even good sweaty monkey sex sessions- don't count- only exception I would give would be doing acrobatics and "lifts" if you will. Then I could buy more of a burn.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    Hardly....................unless of course you're chasing each other around the house.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'd venture a guess that most men burn more calories trying to get a woman to have sex than actually having it.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Well, if you have kids, which is what sex leads to, eventually, they are an exceptional workout. Phew. Yes, they are.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    tufel wrote: »
    Well, if you have kids, which is what sex leads to, eventually, they are an exceptional workout. Phew. Yes, they are.

I hope not!!!!!!!
  • MissPauling
    MissPauling Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sadly those mfpers who have worn hrms during sex have found very little calorie burn.

This sounded like something Pyro would say.
  • Beastby50
    Beastby50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    beastby40 wrote: »

Not sure where this info comes from but, having sex for a good 12-15min at a good rate and pace, makes me sweat like crazy... yes it burns calories!!!

Yea it burns calories but not many. Sweating does mean big calorie burn.

Oh good. I'm glad I burn calories when I go stand outside in the summer.

ETA: It burns calories, but don't log it as a workout. If anything, just have more sex, take the bigger deficit, stick to your calorie goal, profit.

I need to change my name to the typo queen. I meant sweating does NOT equal a big calorie burn.

You obviously haven't had a good one for a while! Fast heart, sweat, tense stomache and butt muscles... is not the same as standing outsisde in the sun... lol
    seriously
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    delivers.jpg