Hi everyone :)

Hi Everyone :)
My Name is Claire. I'm 29 years old.
I'm 9 & half stone . Really need to lose weight and need the support & motivation.
Need friends don't see anyone :(
I'm thinking of buying a Fitbit charge tomorrow. Is it worth the money ?

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Hi Claire :)
    What's your height if you don't mind me asking? I'm 9 stone 4 and 5'ft2 - technically in the healthy weight range despite me being short - I could still afford to shave off a few pounds but I'm concerned about your "Really need to lose weight". Congratulations on starting the journey to a healthier you but I'm hoping you have realistic goals set for yourself. Best of luck! :)
  • clairebear852014
    clairebear852014 Posts: 10 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hi 5ft 1 so short girl as well.
    My stomach looks like I'm pregnant and my muscle are split after having my son 8 years ago. I don't feel confident in my own body my thighs are big as well . I just wanna feel happy in myself.
    Thank you for replying back. :) What's your name ?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Ok, so you're either hitting a healthy weight or very near so go easy, is my advice :)
    MFP will definitely keep you on track, it's certainly helped me.

I personally haven't bought a fitbit because I won't get much use from it - i'm sitting down all day (apart from the hour in the evenings when I'm at the gym). I don't think it's necessary to reach your goal and if they are expensive, I would save your money. But I do know of some people that fitbit's have motivated to be active!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I'm thinking of buying a Fitbit charge tomorrow. Is it worth the money?

No. For only US$20 more, the Fitbit Charge HR has a heart rate monitor + a secure buckle rather than a flimsy clasp. I wouldn't recommend the Charge to anyone.

Other than that, choosing a Fitbit is entirely a matter of personal preference. When you connect your accounts & enable negative calorie adjustments, MFP adjusts your daily calorie goal to TDEE minus deficit. Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • clairebear852014
    I will try and go easy. But it's hard lol
  • clairebear852014
    I will try and go easy. But it's hard lol
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying a Fitbit charge tomorrow. Is it worth the money?

No. For only US$20 more, the Fitbit Charge HR has a heart rate monitor + a secure buckle rather than a flimsy clasp. I wouldn't recommend the Charge to anyone.

Other than that, choosing a Fitbit is entirely a matter of personal preference. When you connect your accounts & enable negative calorie adjustments, MFP adjusts your daily calorie goal to TDEE minus deficit. Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Have you got one yourself?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Have you got one yourself?

I got a Fitbit Flex in 2013, and upgraded to the Charge HR this year. I could never use one of the clip-ons. At best, I'd forget to wear it. At worst, I'd probably put it in the washing machine.

I'm not active enough to really need a HRM, but my Flex fell off. (It has a clasp like the Charge.) The Charge HR is much bigger than the Flex—it leaves a tan line. But it has a display (including time + caller ID). And you don't have to put it into sleep mode.

As I said upthread, which model you choose is entirely a model of personal preference. I forgot to mention that they all sync with Trendweight.com (it's free) to plot a moving average of your weight without the "noise" of water weight. I lost the weight (and kept it off) thanks to MFP + Fitbit + Trendweight.

But you still have to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.
  • clptampa83
    clptampa83 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello ......and good luck ......keep focused.
  • clairebear852014
    clptampa83 wrote: »
    Hello ......and good luck ......keep focused.

Hi ...thank you I will do :)