1000 Posts / 100 Pounds Lost

Options
BRaye325
BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
So here I am on the day I just hit the 100 pound lost mark. I'm contemplating what the key items are that continue to help me be successful with my fitness. I am a firm believer in paying it forward to share whatever works for me so perhaps it can help others that may be where I started last year. Here's my thoughts:

Focus, Track, Move - that's it!

Focus - I'm a numbers nerd and it hit me as ironic that on this day, I also tallied my 1000th post on MFP. If last year someone told me, just start posting comments, questions, suggestions, encouragement, and positive feedback on a fitness website and for every 10 posts, you'll lose a pound, I would have laughed at them. However that's exactly what happened to me. Plugging myself into the social circle here on MFP is what keeps me focused daily on my own goals. It keeps my priorities in line. My health & fitness is something I need to pay attention to every day!

Track - Just do it and do it honestly. My mind can get very creative when lying to myself and tracking my calorie intake needs constant vigilance. It's really almost second nature now that I've been doing it for 419 days. I can recite the calories and macro nutrients on 80% of my diary. Eyeballing portion sizes I'm good at, as long as I want to be, but I find measuring needs to be a pretty regular thing to make sure I stay honest. I need to track everything, everyday.

Move - It doesn't matter if you're only up to picking up one arm and waving it in the air or dancing the chicken dance - do whatever you can do. Last year I struggled to even walk, but I did. Now, I'm riding my bike, lifting weights, gardening, and wrestling on the ground with my grandsons. It means so much to your health to just move!

My initial plan started as just - Track. Then after a couple months it changed to - Track, Move. The last element of adding Focus really happened by accident and has turned into the best thing that could have happened to me. I've made many friends, gotten a great education, and helped others. I'm truly blessed to have the opportunity to learn about how others deal with their health and fitness issues. It's made me more open-minded. I feel like I finally have a mature plan for my continuing good health.

Replies

• Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Like! Congrats on your success. Nerds are cool.
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    What a great story. thank you for posting ..incredible job!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Raemama wrote: »
    Nerds are cool.

Yes we are - and we can give you the stats on that!
  • 20paws
    20paws Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    So here I am on the day I just hit the 100 pound lost mark. I'm contemplating what the key items are that continue to help me be successful with my fitness. I am a firm believer in paying it forward to share whatever works for me so perhaps it can help others that may be where I started last year. Here's my thoughts:

Focus, Track, Move - that's it!

Focus - I'm a numbers nerd and it hit me as ironic that on this day, I also tallied my 1000th post on MFP. If last year someone told me, just start posting comments, questions, suggestions, encouragement, and positive feedback on a fitness website and for every 10 posts, you'll lose a pound, I would have laughed at them. However that's exactly what happened to me. Plugging myself into the social circle here on MFP is what keeps me focused daily on my own goals. It keeps my priorities in line. My health & fitness is something I need to pay attention to every day!

Track - Just do it and do it honestly. My mind can get very creative when lying to myself and tracking my calorie intake needs constant vigilance. It's really almost second nature now that I've been doing it for 419 days. I can recite the calories and macro nutrients on 80% of my diary. Eyeballing portion sizes I'm good at, as long as I want to be, but I find measuring needs to be a pretty regular thing to make sure I stay honest. I need to track everything, everyday.

Move - It doesn't matter if you're only up to picking up one arm and waving it in the air or dancing the chicken dance - do whatever you can do. Last year I struggled to even walk, but I did. Now, I'm riding my bike, lifting weights, gardening, and wrestling on the ground with my grandsons. It means so much to your health to just move!

My initial plan started as just - Track. Then after a couple months it changed to - Track, Move. The last element of adding Focus really happened by accident and has turned into the best thing that could have happened to me. I've made many friends, gotten a great education, and helped others. I'm truly blessed to have the opportunity to learn about how others deal with their health and fitness issues. It's made me more open-minded. I feel like I finally have a mature plan for my continuing good health.

Thanks for sharing... I'm on day 4

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Awzzzzome!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    What a great story. thank you for posting ..incredible job!

Thanks and for the FR!
  • andyajc2015
    andyajc2015 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    great job !! congratulations on your success
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Raemama wrote: »
    Nerds are cool.

Yes we are - and we can give you the stats on that!

I admit it, I snorted when I read that. B)
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    p.s. so many congrats on losing 100lbs! That is truly amazing.
    Also the 1000 posts... I like round numbers :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment! I'll be in your 100 lbs lost club eventually! It's great that you're posting on here and paying it forward. Much like :smiley:
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your story. I needed that motivation!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Your welcome, here is some more of my 'plan'

Motivation
    It has to begin with your commitment to reach a destination at some point in the future - Decide, who do you want to be?
    - I created a visualization to help me stay on track. At the beginning of my journey, I pictured myself laying on my basement floor, fat, unhealthy, and badly wanting out of that basement. My goal is to crawl my way out, climb the stairs up to the second floor, run up the attic stairs, out the window to sit with my two grandsons on the roof to gaze at the stars - a healthy slim medication-free new version of myself.
    - Now as I am progressing it helps me tremendously. The 100 times a day I need to remind myself why I am making the tougher decision, I picture both that end goal looking at the stars with my boys and exactly where I am on my journey. So far I have climbed the basement steps and the steps to the second floor. I'm ascending the attic stairs, currently on the 6th step. Now it's running up the rest of the attic steps to the roof. Still a long way to go, but I've come so far.
    - When I do stall on a step and even take a step or two backwards, I remind myself that I started on the basement floor and I'm a long way from there. I brush myself off, decide again - who do I want to be? and move forward.
    - You can do it too! - Decide
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Loved the little unknown fact that posting equates to pounds lost!!!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Loved the little unknown fact that posting equates to pounds lost!!!

Yes, who knew???
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that you got smaller and the bass got bigger! :laugh: :smile:
  • BRaye325
    Options
    I love the fact that you got smaller and the bass got bigger! :laugh: :smile:

My profile slogan reads, "Larger bass, smaller ***"
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    BRaye, you're the best!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Thanks Kim! It takes one to know one.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!