My foods are TOO healthy now...

Options
So we went to the store today and I bought NO JUNK like AT ALL! no cookies, cakes, pie, candy, processed foods, etc!
Well....this is the result of my healthy shopping!!! *see food diary for today*

I think I will throw a baked potato in with my lunch and see what that does. But I highly doubt it will give me 500+ calories (Not to mention- that is BEFORE logging my exercise!)

Ha ha!!

FOR NON FRIENDS:

Breakfast

Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortilla Plus Small Fajita, 1 tortilla 80 cals, 12 carbs 220 sodium 3protein 0sugar 2fat
Generic - Large Eggs Fried W/Pam Cooking Spray, 2 eggs 160cals 0carbs 130sodium 12protein 0sugar 12fat
Butterball - Original Everyday Turkey Bacon, 2 slice 50cal 0carb 270sodium 4protein 0sugar 3fat

Lunch
Dole - Packaged Salad - Classic Romaine, 3 oz --20cal 4carb 15sodium 1protein 2sugar 0fat
Hidden Valley Original - Ranch Dressing, 2 tbsp --140cal 2carb 260sodium 0protein 2sugar 14fat
Good Sense Snacks - Honey Roasted Sunflower Nuts, 1/8 cup 95cal 5carb 65sodium 3protein 2sugar 8fat

Dinner
Sara Lee - 45 Calories & Delightful (100% Whole Wheat Bread W/ Honey), 2 slices 90cal 14carb 160sodium 6protein 2sugar 1fat
Starkist - Chunk Light Tuna In Water (5 oz Can, Drained), 2 oz (drained) 50cal 1carb 180sodium 10protein 0sugar 1fat
Generic - Large Grade A Hard Boiled Egg, 1 egg 70 cal 0carb 65sodium 6protein 0sugar 5 fat

Snacks
Fruit - Bananas, Raw 1 Large (8" -8 7/8" Long) (136g), 1 ea. 121cal 31carb 1sodium 1protein 17sugar 0fat
Fresh - Green Apple, 1 medium sized (3/lbs) 36cal 19carb 1sodium 0protein 14sugar 0fat

I have 548 calories left, 95 carbs, 1,133sodium, 64 protein, -10 sugar, and -14 fat left for the day (before exercise)

Replies

• JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    ~deleted~
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Do you like nuts? Greek yogurt? Those could help up your calories in a healthy way!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Nuts or peanut butter or just more of the healthy stuff you had.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Your food diary isn't public.
  • mghane
    mghane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary! But I can suggest, in addition to what the rest of the people have suggested, fish like salmon that are high is omega-3 fats and lean red meats can also help add healthy calories occasionally. :) And feel free to have a piece of dark chocolate sometimes! :P
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You know what..... my trainer told me that potatoes are acctually not good when you are really trying to diet. The starch in the potato turns to sugar when it goes through your body. Thats what he told me at least.
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    Sorry if I get this wrong but did you have a slice of bread, a tin of tuna and a hard boiled egg for dinner??? Yeah maybe keep working at getting your balances right and your calores will sort themselves out?
  • Crystal817
    Options
    Sorry if I get this wrong but did you have a slice of bread, a tin of tuna and a hard boiled egg for dinner??? Yeah maybe keep working at getting your balances right and your calores will sort themselves out?

What's wrong with that...?

I consider that a pretty light dinner.
  • JessesGirl05
    Options
    You know what..... my trainer told me that potatoes are acctually not good when you are really trying to diet. The starch in the potato turns to sugar when it goes through your body. Thats what he told me at least.
    And I thought I was doing good...UGH!
    LOL!
  • JessesGirl05
    Options
    A tuna sandwich...yes. my boyfriend will be working late today and my daughter wont be here tonight and I'm not going to cook for just me basically. The baby doesnt eat much- so sandwiches it is!
  • JessesGirl05
    Options

What's wrong with that...?

I consider that a pretty light dinner.
    thought I was going crazy there for a second! LOL. We used to eat tuna sandwiches all the time as kids. Never have I thought there was anything wrong with it! It's a sandwich...big deal! LOL
  • corysboredagain
    Options

and i agree with an above posts suggestions to add greek yogurt, some nuts, maybe some nut butters.

also, some midmeal snacks would be good. i usually go for a piece of fruit myself, or some veggies and hummus or salsa.

i love chicken salad sandwiches, but on lower cal days i'll add some avocado slices on the bread or even in the mix. it cuts back on the mayo and is so delicious.
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Scrambling egg whites instead of whole eggs could help with the fat overage. [or one real egg and several whites.]

How about adding a large salad ... use a low fat-not non fat- dressing.. something with olive oil will add calories and has healt benefits.

Nuts and seeds add calories. Or just larger amounts of good things you are already eating.

Ironically, when I had 1450 calories per day [plus another 500+ from daily exercise] I found it harder to stay in range than I do now with 1290 calories + exercise calories. I think when I had to figure out how to be full and satisfied at 1290, I began eating nearly twice as many veggies. The fiber keeps me full.. the wide range of taste satisfies me.. and when I'm too low on calories I can have some pistachios or - a Tbsp of peanut butter which used to be a big NO NO for me, calories, etc. But now is a bonus [with 1/2 an apple or 1/2 a whole grain pita before a workout. One tbsp of high quality peanut butter and I'm a happy girl! :)
  • Crystal817
    Options
    thought I was going crazy there for a second! LOL. We used to eat tuna sandwiches all the time as kids. Never have I thought there was anything wrong with it! It's a sandwich...big deal! LOL

I'm going home to have some tuna salad right now! I make mine with very little mayo, but I add dijon mustard and dill relish. It's only about 100 calories per serving. :)

Oh... regarding the fat, I would switch to egg beaters or egg whites and skip the ranch dressing all together.
  • CharNordie
    CharNordie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Try avocados sliced up with a little pepper. It's a great, healthy fat...it tastes fantastic! I substitute avocado for mayo in my tuna sandwich all the time so that you still get the satisfying "mayo" texture that a lot of us love, but this is healthy and unprocessed!!!!
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options

I wouldn't eat potatos trying to diet. All carbs turn in to sugar when you eat them. That's what a carb is, it's a chain of simple sugars.
  • JessesGirl05
    Options

and i agree with an above posts suggestions to add greek yogurt, some nuts, maybe some nut butters.

also, some midmeal snacks would be good. i usually go for a piece of fruit myself, or some veggies and hummus or salsa.

i love chicken salad sandwiches, but on lower cal days i'll add some avocado slices on the bread or even in the mix. it cuts back on the mayo and is so delicious.

I do have almonds (first time i've ever bought almonds!!!), and yogurt. I'll had some of those in there at some point.
    And where do I find this hummus I keep hearing about?!?!!!
  • JessesGirl05
    Options
    Scrambling egg whites instead of whole eggs could help with the fat overage. [or one real egg and several whites.]

How about adding a large salad ... use a low fat-not non fat- dressing.. something with olive oil will add calories and has healt benefits.

Nuts and seeds add calories. Or just larger amounts of good things you are already eating.

Ironically, when I had 1450 calories per day [plus another 500+ from daily exercise] I found it harder to stay in range than I do now with 1290 calories + exercise calories. I think when I had to figure out how to be full and satisfied at 1290, I began eating nearly twice as many veggies. The fiber keeps me full.. the wide range of taste satisfies me.. and when I'm too low on calories I can have some pistachios or - a Tbsp of peanut butter which used to be a big NO NO for me, calories, etc. But now is a bonus [with 1/2 an apple or 1/2 a whole grain pita before a workout. One tbsp of high quality peanut butter and I'm a happy girl! :)
    OH PB on apples!!!!! SO didn't think of that! When I have my apple, I'll remember that!!! thanks
  • Crystal817
    Options
    I wouldn't eat potatos trying to diet. All carbs turn in to sugar when you eat them. That's what a carb is, it's a chain of simple sugars.

What if you use your cabs/sugar during exercise?

Oh and you can buy hummus at any large grocery store!
  • JessesGirl05
    Options
    Try avocados sliced up with a little pepper. It's a great, healthy fat...it tastes fantastic! I substitute avocado for mayo in my tuna sandwich all the time so that you still get the satisfying "mayo" texture that a lot of us love, but this is healthy and unprocessed!!!!
    Never had avocados before. I'll have to look for them next time i go to the store