Looking for Motivation

Options
kfm6
kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
i am trying to break through my plateau. I've slowly lost 30 pounds over many months. However, I have been at 255 for months now. Some weeks down a pound or two - other weeks up a pound or two. I'm working out but binge eating a couple times a week seems to kill any progress. I am looking for some helpful suggestions on how to get back on track losing the weight. I am 6'3" and want to reach 225 pounds.

Thanks,
KFM

Replies

• phillipdean299
    phillipdean299 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Exercise is very important but your diet is even more critical. If you are not logging everything you eat, I would start there. Also, pre-planed meals have been very helpful to me. I always have a healthy alternative so I have no excuse to binge. Plan ahead and stick to that plan.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Try not binge eating for one weekend and see if you notice a difference in weight. It could be that the quantity you eat at the weekend is effecting the overall deficit. Just a thought! I had this problem and once I sorted my weekend food out, I started losing again :)
  • MsNicole14
    MsNicole14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP people! i have been on MFP for some years and I lost about 15 kg's (in 1,5 years). Living in Malawi, East Africa, for some time I've gained all of it. Eyy eating maize papp daily makes one fat. Anyway I'm happy for this experience, because at this time (2 years ago) I started to become too obsessive about losing weight and lost too much. Now I think I've learned the difference between THIN and HEALTHY: I'm determined to lose about 7 kg's...one kg at a time. I'm looking for people to stay in touch with on this journey. Sharing experiences, tipps, etc.
    Sooo if you are active on MFP, text me or add me :)
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success this far! Surround yourself with like minded people who will keep you motivated by encouraging you along the way. Happy to help. ankdworak
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'll do my damnedest to help push you on towards your goals:) Great work up to now...just break the ceiling and move forward!
  • kfm6
    Options
    Exercise is very important but your diet is even more critical. If you are not logging everything you eat, I would start there. Also, pre-planed meals have been very helpful to me. I always have a healthy alternative so I have no excuse to binge. Plan ahead and stick to that plan.

I like the pre-planned meal idea. Thanks. I will start that this week and let you know how I do.
  • kfm6
    Options
    Try not binge eating for one weekend and see if you notice a difference in weight. It could be that the quantity you eat at the weekend is effecting the overall deficit. Just a thought! I had this problem and once I sorted my weekend food out, I started losing again :)

Thanks pinkpix. My prob is the occasional weekend binge and the occasional evening binge. Knocking it out a little at a time is more my style. Now I f they could age a zero calorie wine I'd be fine.
  • kfm6
    Options
    ankdworak wrote: »
    Congrats on your success this far! Surround yourself with like minded people who will keep you motivated by encouraging you along the way. Happy to help. ankdworak

Thanks for the offer to help. I am gladly accepting all serious offers.