HELP!!' Need advice my weight is at platue can't loose it

Options
hey guys!!
I am 5'1 157 lbs and I just can't seem to loose any weight I go to gym 4 days doing Eliptical and treadmill and some light weights too... I am burning around 400 calories Per day and eating around 1100 . I don't know what's going on my weight is the same and can't seem to loose it.... Please any one can advise me what am I doing wrong here...
Thanks

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    My theory is that you're eating more than 1100 calories and burning less than 400. You need to log more accurately and not eat back all of your exercise calories.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    My theory is that you're eating more than 1100 calories and burning less than 400. You need to log more accurately and not eat back all of your exercise calories.

Totally agree.

• mitasuri
    mitasuri Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ian logging everything I eat
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How long have you been following this plan? This sounds like it may be a logging issue. If you open up your diary, you may get some useful advice.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    mitasuri wrote: »

That's a great start! But there are some really common errors we've all made that can affect your logging. For instance, are you making sure you choose accurate entries in the database? A lot of them are entered wrong? Are you using the recipe builder for any homemade foods instead of generic homemade entries? Are you using a food scale, measuring cups, or eyeballing any of your portion sizes?
  • xomarxdx310
    xomarxdx310 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    you need to burn off more than 400 calories because you are eating 1,100 calories a day.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Alarm bells started ringing at 1100 calories per day. Are you only eating 1100 or are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    How long have you been following this plan? This sounds like it may be a logging issue. If you open up your diary, you may get some useful advice.

I will echo this--how long have you been eating 1100 and burning 400 without any loss whatsoever?
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    you need to burn off more than 400 calories because you are eating 1,100 calories a day.

I assume they mean they're burning 400 calories through exercise and not counting the calories their body is already burning just staying alive. I'm sure it's more than 1100 calories when you add them all in.
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What does "light weights" mean? I highly recommend finding a structured lifting program like Stronglifts 5x5. Just doing some bicep curls with a 10 lb weight don't really do enough. Plus a structured progressive lifting program is designed a certain way for many reasons, by experts in fitness.
  • mitasuri
    Options
    Ian using measuring cups for the food

That's a great start! But there are some really common errors we've all made that can affect your logging. For instance, are you making sure you choose accurate entries in the database? A lot of them are entered wrong? Are you using the recipe builder for any homemade foods instead of generic homemade entries? Are you using a food scale, measuring cups, or eyeballing any of your portion sizes?

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Ian using measuring cups for the food

If you are using measuring cups, it's likely that you are consuming more calories than you think you are. This could be why you aren't seeing results.
  • mitasuri
    Options
    Every time I put in how much calorie in the data the number goes up and then I don't know if I need to eat those calories too

Actually my daily calorie per
    Day shows only 957 sorry I made a mistake by saying 1100 calorie

And light weight meaning few arm machine and abs machine more repetition
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Opening your diary might help if you want more specific advice. Otherwise, these are my really generic tips:

1. If it's been less than 3 weeks or so since you started, don't worry yet! Normal fluctuations happen and unfortunately sometimes we stall for a week or two even when we're doing everything right. Give your body some time to catch up with the changes you're making.

2. If you aren't already, be sure that you're logging everything. Sometimes people forget about things like veggies, drinks, cooking oils, and condiments. For some people these can add up to enough to halt your weight loss progress.

3. Consider buying a food scale. They're about $10-$20 dollars in the US and easily found at places like Amazon, Target, and Walmart. Measuring cups and spoons are great, but they do come with some degree of inaccuracy. A food scale will be more accurate, and for some people it makes a big difference.

4. Logging accurately also means choosing accurate entries in the database. There are a lot of user-entered entries that are off. Double-check that you're using good entries and/or using the recipe builder instead of someone else's homemade entries.

5.Log your exercise and eat back a portion of the extra calories you earn. If you're relying on gym machine readouts or MFP's estimates, it might be best to eat back just 50-75% of those. Certain activities tend to be overestimated. If you're using an HRM or activity tracker, it might be a good idea to look into their accuracy and be sure that yours is calibrated properly.

6. If you're taking any cheat days that go over your calorie limits, it might be best to cut them out for a few weeks and see what happens. Some people go way over their calorie needs without realizing it when they don't track.

7. If you weigh yourself frequently, consider using a program like trendweight to even out the fluctuations. You could be losing weight but just don't see it because of the daily ups and downs.

And some links that are really useful if you're just getting started:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101
  • mitasuri
    Options
    Thank you so much this helps a lot