• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    beastby40 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    beastby40 wrote: »
    Sadly those mfpers who have worn hrms during sex have found very little calorie burn. But it does release endorphins which make you less stressed which makes you less likely to comfort eat....

Not sure where this info comes from but, having sex for a good 12-15min at a good rate and pace, makes me sweat like crazy... yes it burns calories!!!

Yea it burns calories but not many. Sweating does mean big calorie burn.

Oh good. I'm glad I burn calories when I go stand outside in the summer.

ETA: It burns calories, but don't log it as a workout. If anything, just have more sex, take the bigger deficit, stick to your calorie goal, profit.

I need to change my name to the typo queen. I meant sweating does NOT equal a big calorie burn.

You obviously haven't had a good one for a while! Fast heart, sweat, tense stomache and butt muscles... is not the same as standing outsisde in the sun... lol
    seriously
    As already pointed out, excitement and stress raises heart rate, it doesn't mean a large calorie burn.
    You can sit with your abs and glutes flexed while in a chair and eventually they'll feel sore from isotension. That doesn't mean a large calorie burn.
    Just because sex has a lot of similarities to exercise doesn't make it exercise. The actual burn rate does, and most studies have found sex isn't that high a burn, particularly when combined with typical lengths of activity.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    How long are you people having sex for in one clip? If you're still going at the 20 minute mark I'm bowing out.
  • RealDealVarela
    RealDealVarela Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Little yoga with mild cardio. Sounds like a winner. :)
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    tomnev1 wrote: »
    Serious answer: No. Not even close to burning enough calories.

Fun answers
    1. Depends on how many people involved
    2. If that's your only workout, you should also count the walk of shame.
    3. If the other person is heavy, does it count as weight training

please excuse me while i clean the pepsi max spray off my laptop
  • jennmarie1315
    jennmarie1315 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your helpful information!
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I mean, how many calories can you burn in 2 minutes? :)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Sadly those mfpers who have worn hrms during sex have found very little calorie burn. But it does release endorphins which make you less stressed which makes you less likely to comfort eat....

also, it's sad that mfpers have worn hrms during sex :/

Why is that sad? I wear my fitbit charge HR all of the time, except in the shower.

Why is that sad? I wear my fitbit charge HR all of the time, except in the shower.

We've giggled about having mine on during nookie, didn't realise that having a healthy sense of fun was sad!

Fair enough, geeky fun is something else :smile: ) I don't actually have a hrm, no idea how people use it. I envisioned something like a chest strap and a holster, and people checking their HR during pivotal moments
  • senecarr
    Options

We've giggled about having mine on during nookie, didn't realise that having a healthy sense of fun was sad!

Fair enough, geeky fun is something else :smile: ) I don't actually have a hrm, no idea how people use it. I envisioned something like a chest strap and a holster, and people checking their HR during pivotal moments
    I'd hope people with their HRM would have it attached to a logger and be checking the logs after, not during.
    I'd have to imagine if checking an HRM during seemed like a good idea, it really, really isn't the type that burns calories.
  • Squeaky_XO
    Squeaky_XO Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I tried another calorie counting and it surpringly counted for sexual activity workout. I don't get it though. Who count how long your having sex??
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

I'd hope people with their HRM would have it attached to a logger and be checking the logs after, not during.
    I'd have to imagine if checking an HRM during seemed like a good idea, it really, really isn't the type that burns calories.

ha, yes and yes
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Forget counting the calories. Just do clean eating.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    kn4rj3vztj1h.jpeg

• hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Sadly those mfpers who have worn hrms during sex have found very little calorie burn.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

• nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Obviously you guys are doing it wrong. It is HIIT and you should log it as such.
  • senecarr
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Free range, low carb, gluten free, ethically created, fair trade by default. Organic too, depending on diet.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Depends on how long you're going at it. For me it was a no because I was with a minute man