Lost over 65! Now onto another phase.

Options
CSOlin
CSOlin Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello MyFPs,

Add me if you like!

I am looking to build my support network as I grow into my next phase. Started last July at nearly 240 lbs as a 6'1 man in my 30s. My health was terrible, my blood pressure was a mess, and I was fighting dizzy spells standing at work. I was on the fast track to death! After a breakup and feeling desperate, I started dieting, juicing, eating largely vegan, quit drinking, and started running. In a few months, I ran a 10k...by Xmas I was a new man! Blood pressure was ideal, down to 170, and feeling and looking amazing. Everybody noticed! ;)

I reached a plateau. I realized that I had maxed out without changing my goals and training. I've now started Olympic style lifting and will start HIIT. Working with a trainer now as well.

I need some advice...I'm looking to gain lean muscle and stay fit. I weigh 179 and want to gain muscle (200lbs and cut?) without getting fat... Where should I be with daily calorie intake before calculating for workouts? How many grams of protein?

Replies

• rebeccaz101379
    rebeccaz101379 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I was lifting weights for lean muscle I was told 1.5 grams per body weight :-)
    I'm not sure what HIIT is or Olympic style training ☺️ but I used to do one body part per day, 6 exercises, 15 reps and I was super lean :-) I was running about five miles per day as well though :-)
    I also agree a largely vegan diet works best for me (I also am gluten free), I do eat meat though when my body does crave it which is usually once a week or so