Weight Watchers

Options
Hey Everyone!

I wanna change my diet... i think i am getting confused with calorie counting and i have GAINED SO MUCH weight... So i am doing points instead. Is there anyone on Weight Watchers also that has seen any results, if so how long did it take you and any advices for me. I used to go to mettings and such yyears ago, now everythnig has failed and weight watchers had worked before and it stopped working when i stopped beging serious with it. So Now im serious again... Help is in need, lol! thanks !

Loren (Bearface115)

PS: I think i calculated my points to be 28... does that sound like too much or average?

Replies

• carla1958
    carla1958 Posts: 30
    Options
    Weight watchers works if you do it the way they tell you too. 28 points is reasonable but they should be able to help you be sure it is right for you. In my experience with any program, the most important thing is to actually write down exactly what you eat. I used to eat my points and then just keep eating without keeping track.... not successful. I think this site works also just because you have to write everything down. Also eat more protein then you won;t be hungry. Good luck!
  • inafit16177
    Options
    I think that your 28 points my be the old point system...they redid their system...so the lowest points anyone can be on is 29...The new system is much different. I lost 35 lbs on the old system, then when they changed the points make-up I just did not like it as much...I know that a lot of people have been discouraged by the program...This sight is awesome and I feel like my over diet health is better on this sight...Good Luck to you!
  • lesrence
    lesrence Posts: 2
    Options
    On the new Pro Points plan you are entitled to 29 points per day but also get an additional 49 points to use over the week. These can be used to top up your daily allowance or on treats.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    On the new Pro Points plan you are entitled to 29 points per day but also get an additional 49 points to use over the week. These can be used to top up your daily allowance or on treats.

Sounds likw the new systems are trying to sabatage you... im not sure about the new ones. i know the old one worked
  • raefost
    raefost Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi good luck with it all, im trying to carry on with ww whilst using this, as i can't afford the membership, however ww works in a different way now, the fewest daily points are 29 with a weekly allowance of 40. the points are worked out differently now so if you are following the old point system you can't use the points printed on ww foods or pro points. the other big change is that fruit and veg is free( but included in the points allowance already) the system works but like any system it only works if you eat less than you use so just do what suits you. this site is great, its free and allows you to do everything that you can on ww site.
  • Clydieboy
    Clydieboy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did WW before and, when following the program, DID GREAT......then stopped following the program.....figured I knew it all.....now? back where I started!! :cry: Trying to get back to "tracking" and hoping to add in lots more exercise! If you aren't planning on actually joining WW again and just want to do the program yourself, I'd say go with the program you did and lost with..... friends I know are doing the new program and say it's harder to track, but once you get the hang of it, it works just as well......and you get way more points!!! Good luck!!!! :happy:
  • ginnym1981
    ginnym1981 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Sounds likw the new systems are trying to sabatage you... im not sure about the new ones. i know the old one worked

lol, they aren't trying to sabotage you. I'm a lifetime member so I still go to the meetings for the accountability of the WI's but I'm counting calories now. Why?
    I got bored with counting points. It became redundant and I lost that "spark" that you get when you first start a program and are super excited/motivated.

The new plan totally works if you work it. Fruits are free. The minimum of points you'll ever have are 29 (you could have more). The only way to get your point allowance is to attend a meeting or sign up online because their computers figure them for you according to your sex, age, height and weight.
    You also get a weekly allowance of 49 days to use if you NEED them. (They are just like the old 35 weekly points on the old plan)

Sounds great, right? More points BUT the catch is, many items went up in point values to balance it all out. This time around WW has taken into consideration of how our bodies burn the nutrients the foods are made up of. Fat, Protein, Carbs and Fats. It's way more scientific this time around and makes perfect sense if you understand its components.

Anyways, I would still recommend WW's to anyone. It's taught me proper portion control, healthy wholesome foods to eat and the importance of fueling your workouts. You get what you put into it and you have to be ready to be excited about your weight loss for it to work.
    Hope that helps!
  • shanners85
    shanners85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm doing WW now. I'm on the new points system and have 29 daily points. I have a Points Calculator that I just put in the nutritional information on a food and it tells me how many points it is. It's great for those items that are not clear in the book.

I've lost 13 pounds. However, I have found that I've lacked motivation the last little bit. I want to get started on it again and get back on track.
  • Lollie776
    Lollie776 Posts: 8
    Options
    Anyways, I would still recommend WW's to anyone. It's taught me proper portion control, healthy wholesome foods to eat and the importance of fueling your workouts. You get what you put into it and you have to be ready to be excited about your weight loss for it to work.

That is the truth! I'm using the old system alone, I refuse to pay that much for meetings and help when I know the gist of it all. About 3 years ago I tried it, started out great, I dropped 30lbs in 2 months. I was going to the gym daily and very strict with my points, always trying to go a point or two lower and not using the allowance points. I then sprained my ankle and couldn't work out and went back to my overeating ways. So here I am again, trying to start it back up but I am lacking the daily workout motivation myself. Back on point. The quote above really says it all. I am trying to stay with the WW to LEARN how to eat healthy but I'm relying on this site for my reality check. Hope that helps. Good Luck!! :smile:
  • locdiva2
    locdiva2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, Im a Weight Watcher too. Just joined this site, because Ive seemed to have reached a serious plateau with WW that I havent been able to break since December 2010. I joined WW in July 2010 and lost 25 pounds, but that was mainly on the "old" points plan. Either the "new" points plan doesnt work for me or Ive lost the original enthusiam that I once had. Thats why I joined Fitness Pal. I need to shake things up and lose the last 20 pounds. I figure trying the caloric way cant hurt.
  • kaypee65
    kaypee65 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I know many, may people who do well on WW. I spent so much time converting my calories into points that it was a huge hassle. Plus, since you're heavily penalized for fat consumption with the points program, I was painfully hungry a great deal of the time.

I switched to calorie counting with MFP and found it easier for me. I have the MFP app on my phone and will scan barcodes from my lunches to get them into my food diary. How easy is that? And I tend to eat my fat calories, so it only takes a little self discipline to stick to my calories budget. I really struggled to stay within the lines with WW.

Both plans work for a lot of people, but one of the other might be a bit easier for an individual.

Good luck.